Anyone had gum or teeth pain?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi yall, we know mono has all sorts of crazy pain and weird symptoms. The last week or so i have been having teeth and gum pain on my lower right back molar. I have a dental appt but i don't think i have a cavity. Anyway, hope all is on the mend and remember think positive and take carechris

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

major sensitivity for a while ... its calmed down now . i guess these symptoms come and go .

• Posted

hi,

i actually had nerve/tooth pain in the early stages -

but not now-im at 7mos *

my nerve pain was more at ends of the roots of my teeth not really the internal nerve-

it was many teeth-so i knew it wasnt localized enough to be a cavity/or tooth issue*

pain was traveling all over my nerves like a wire/circuit breaker-

very strange

i work in dentistry

i know i have no dental issues

i know its this virus toying with yet more of my nerve/nerve endings.....

strange how we forget everything in our body is ever connected!

my advice to you, if it feels localized/ it may be an actual tooth issue and unrelated to this virus. Can you make an appointment with your Dentist? You can go in for a limited exam and get a single xray of that area -my guess is its tooth #30/31

hopefully they wont see anything on xray!

as for the gum issue

-ive read a lot that this virus causes gum issues-

but yours could be a simple localized gum infection-which could be caused by a number of things-popcorn kernels etc-

flossing/warm salt water will heal your tissue.....if its from a fragment or something-

hope that helps!!

healing prayers to you^^^!

StarrA

• Posted

Hi Chris,

Sending best wishes and also hoping that your teeth and gum pain subsides and goes away completely. Hoping very much that the dentist can help and they are able to reassure you that it is nothing to worry about and that they can put your mind at rest.

It does seem for sure that this virus can have effects on the mouth, lips, teeth, gums, throat and so many areas. It is the EBV virus that causes cold sores too after all. Best to get the advice of the dentist, things that have helped me when I've had teeth problems have included taking a stronger toothpaste (fluoride one), mouth wash and trying herbs like oregano which seem to be good for the mouth / throat area. The baking soda remedy, the one taking 1/2 tea spoon full of baking soda dissolved in plain water twice per day on an empty stomach for a week or two (no longer) can also be a good one for fighting infection and viruses in the mouth / throat.

Let us know how you get on at the dentist Chris and keep hanging in there - better times ahead.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.