anyone had hallucinations with anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

just had an hallucination whilst watching a programme the screen briefly started moving to the right just wondering anyone had the same?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Not sure if this is the same. I have thought I have seen something in the road while driving at night. Slam on the brakes, only to see nothing there. And a couple of times, visual, like real, of something bad happening to one of my kids. 
    • Posted

In my case, yes. It is the "thinking the worst" thing. When I was deep into the anxiety, I would have horrible nightmares about all of my loved ones. To me it is like a nightmare, but you are awake. Causes the same sensations. It is the way we think. We think the worst is going to happen. That is why CBT can be effective. It lets you change your thinking process. 
  • Posted

I have many times once I saw a black shadow in the bathroom another as I was drifting to sleep it was like my dreams was happening while awake I see two screens sometimes on TV one like a ghost of the other overlapping it sound crazy I know but it'd something that's either anxiety or something else linked xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.