Anyone had huge diaphragm tightness and pain under breast bone and back?

Posted , 10 users are following.

could anxiety cause such symptoms??

worried about something serious going on...

thanks!

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes anxiety can. I get it all day in day out its horrible. I alwayd think the worst and put myself in a panic attack but try not to!

Cocodamol often helps try some!

Stay strong x

• Posted

HI Sharon how are you getting on? Have the symptoms stopped? Take care amd thanks
  • Posted

Yes, it COULD be anxiety but that has become such a handy diagnosis, that many of us are labeled with anxiety (like me, for instance...) when it was a blood clot in my right lung.  All the same symptoms of anxiety and many conditions that are deadly serious can cause anxiety as a symptom, not the cause.  Get it checked out, please.  If this is not how you have been in the past or you know you are not an anxious person, do not hesitate to say this to your doc.  You have to tell them about your normal state, physical and mental, so they have a baseline to compare it to.  Keep records of when this happens, what happens, etc., and take this to your doc.  Have them make a copy so you can continue your own observations.  It is essential that you take part in your care and you are the only one who knows what normal is for you.  I tell my docs that normal is just a setting on a dryer!  And even at my best, I am not normal.  Best wishes getting the right diagnosis and if it doesn't feel right to you, it probably isn't.  Trust your gut.  Sometimes that is all we have to go on but it can be very helpful, especially if you are charting your symptoms well.  Let us know what this is.  Many of us have gone thru at least 1 diagnosis of anxiety when the doc simply did not know the real answer or simply decided it was easier to give this cover all diagnosis.
    • Posted

Hello ! Yes I take it very serious and I am going to the doctor tomorrow to see why u get tightness which is come and go every other day ..
  • Posted

Hi Babs

Get that all the time with anxietycool

• Posted

Hello can u tell me what kind of symptoms u get ?? I get tightness every other day or sometime everyday and sometime it go away and I will not feel it for days and then it will come again .. as we speak I have the tightness right now , But I am learning how to deal with it but it's not easy I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to have a Aniogram Done .. I will keep u posted hope u are feeling at your best today god bless 

• Posted

thank you so much everyone! Im so grateful you took the time to write!

could you please describe in more detail how it feels for you when it happens? are you also short of breath?

My symptoms are new (newish) - started late last year..intitially diagnosed as dyspepsia (I never had any significant stomach related problems until then...)

felt really short of breath back then, this is now less frequent but still happens sometimes sad

KMRC - how was your blood clot diagnosed? I dont feel right but my GP doesnt seem concerned...

• Posted

If your doctor has said your ok then youu are please dont listen to people on hear regarding blood clots etc they are not qualified medics.

Your symptoms are very common in anxiety I have had  them I have also had stomach problems another anxiety symptom

I have had bloods ecgs endoscope CT scan all came back clear and it is anxiety

Try therapy it teaches you how to cope with anxiety/panic symptoms.

If you are still worried go to another doctor for a 2nd opinion.

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

Hello I would like to know why do I get tightness under my breast every now and then .. I had cheat ex rays done before and they said I am ok but I still get the tightness under my breast
    • Posted

Hi Lynne wondered if you are still getting the tightness? Or maybe you dound something that helped? Many thanks in advance for the update.
  • Posted

Hello I would like to know why is it that I sometime get tightness under my breast I had test done before and they say it was nothing wrong with my chest .. I am just trying to find out why do I have tightness under my breast .
    • Posted

Hi Yvette

sorry to hear you suffering from chest tightness

im still not any wiser what's causing mine, still waiting for some test results. Found through trial and error that sublingual vit B12 helps me a lot! As do Epsom salt baths. Other forum members say for them its stress related, there are so many good calming meditations on YouTube or your library might have a mindfulness book with CD to listen to. But I would maybe ask your GP for cardiology referral or other things your doctor thinks appropriate, just in case. Hope you find relief soon! 

• Posted

Thank you I went to the doctor Their received the report just waiting to hear back from my doctor .. he is out for a few days but will be back on the first of sept I will keep u posted .. it still come and go and it could be aniexty or stress because I worry about everything .thank you for your response I will try the Espom salt and B12
    • Posted

Hello ! Yes I still have the pain it comes and go I am going to see my doctor tomorrow to get test done for my arteries to see if I have a blockage .. my doctor say he will take care of it if I do .. I did the stress test and they say they see some kind of blockage , but my doctor say it could be nothing and if so he will fix it .. at this time my tightness come and go every other day sometime I will not feel it for days and then BOOM ! Here comes the tightness again .. its very uncomfortable .. I am also trying the B12 so far I am taking it one day at a time .. I pray I am ok .. this started with me from the beginning of this year .. 
    • Posted

Hi Yvette sorry you're still getting  the symptoms. I hope all turns out to be ok with the arteries ( are you getting an angiogram?). Please let us know how you get on tomorrow. Hope you feel better soon. God bless.

• Posted

Hello I went to the doctor and they did test on me to see if my heart was block and Arteries and turn out nothing is blocking they gave me pills but I don’t take them I am trying to stay calm because I have the tendency to let everything bother me .. I get the rig tighteness only when I get upset or worry to much .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.