Anyone had issues with rash or hives?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have gradually broken out in rash all over my abdomen and neck. I'm not sick. At first I thought it was bed bugs! It's quite itchy. But I am starting to wonder if it's menopause-related. It coincided with start of cold weather, so having heat on, dryness and wearing wool. It is also coincident with a return of ovulation fluid (even though my last period was over a year ago), so there's some kind of hormonal fluctuation happening. Have never had a rash like this before except once from a sunscreen, but I haven't used any new products lately. It does seem to worsen with heat. Anyone have this problem?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi there - have you used a new laundry detergent? hair shampoo? hair product? lotion! body wash? Unfortunately, everything changes for us during this time...things were werent allergic to we suddenly are & foods we ate our lives seem to give us indigestion, gas...you name it - its really crazy, i know - have you tried taking benedryl? does that relieve the itchiness? if it persists, you may need to visit the dermatologist, but first rule out any new products you might have introduced...even hair dyes -

• Posted

i had a similar thing going on over the summer after i mowed the grass i had a rash like small bumps all over my upper arms , it was about 95 degrees out and humidy was horrific that day im assuming it was menapause to blame because it was gone in like 2 days who knows i blame menapause on everything i get now

• Posted

I haven't used any new products, is the strange part. It did begin after a week of traveling (hence, the worry about bed bugs), and during that time I did have to use strange soaps, etc. But it seemed to come on gradually after I was back home from that trip.

• Posted

I developed redness but not a rash on the lower part of my neck. It doesn't itch. It almost seems like it is rosacea. I seems to flare when there is a fluctuation in my hormones.

• Posted

I had an ongoing rash hives for almost 8 months, it itches so bad I even got it externally down below....I had steroids shots they told me it was allergies, but I thing its hormone related.

• Posted

Hi , i have over the last couple days got redness and itching , so random , i itch and then skin raises and becomes red , another thing to deal with !!!! so fed up with it all am now 53 days without my menses hoping they have gone , but i doubt am that licky , i am 52 yrs old and been suffering all the symptoms of peri for 2 years , had enough !!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.