Anyone had laproscopic fibroid removal?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm biting the bullet but feeling a bit crazy doing an elective surgery. It's next thursday. I have an 11cm fibroid that had a growth spurt last year (was 8cm) when I kept switching birth control, and makes me bloated, pregnant looking and causes a lot of back pain even while on birth control sometimes. So after trying everything... acupunture, going vegan, serrapeptase, green tea, etc. etc. I'm opting for a laproscopic surgeon I finally found (after much searching and many bad doctors) who will preserve my organs and just remove the fibroid and a 5cm ovarian dermoid which he says he should remove while he's there.

Am I nuts? I've only ever had dental surgery but if this thing keeps growing... And I've had multiple hormone tests where they consult the day of your cycle etc, and even tho I'm 48 multiple doctors have said they don't think I'm that close to menopause and could have 5 years or more left. I know they can't predict but aka the thing could have more time to grow. Also tired I'm of feeling bloated and looking pregnant, it impacts working out and if I weren't single I wouldn't be able to be intimate since it bothered me the last time I had a boyfriend at 5cm. Has anyone done this surgery and felt like it was worth it, they felt better, less bloated etc?

The plan is to keep my organs and they're pretty sure everything is benign (had both things for over 10 years) but I still worry and any surgery I know is no walk in the park. Thanks ladies!!!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Sakura, I assume you've had your surgery by this point. Hope it went well! By now you've probably figured out that you're less bloated and feel better. I had a laparoscopic about three months ago and don't miss looking pregnant or feeling pelvic pressure all the time! Be well 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.