Anyone had MLT micropulse laser for lowering IOP?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have been on drops; know doc is considering a trab for me; have advanced open angle glaucoma, thin corneas, had corrective lasik done in '97; pressures run from 9-14 (use Richert 7CR tono meter)  heard about MLT - Micropulse Laser Therapy (by Iridex).   Has anyone had good success with lowering their pressures with this technique?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If your IOP is running 9 to 14 you are doing good with drops. No need to delve into the unknown.
    • Posted

Unfortunately I have advanced glaucoma with optic nerve damage even with these levels, so I need to look for something else.  MLT is done with a Micropulse Laser made by Iridex and through my research in a great online community called FitEyes (U.S.), some folks have had success instead of the more invasive Trab.    
  • Posted

My doctor wanted me to have it. He said it's something newish. I said I'd wait until it had been around for a while to see how it worked. Previous laser lasted only for about 6 months. Would be nice to know if anyone else has had it. 

• Posted

Check out the online community FitEyes.   I have found folks who have done the MLT - it is less invasive to the eye than SLT.   I am from the U.S.....the Micropulse Laser by Iridex has been FDA approved for 2 years.  
    • Posted

Thanks. I'm in South Africa, so no doubt we're a bit behind with these things. Will check out the FitEyes site.

• Posted

Hi Silverberg how did you go with your procedure? have they managed to stabalise your glaucoma?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.