Anyone had sexual dysfunction on Mirtazapine?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I feel like I'm the only one. sad

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

No,me too.Aint done "it" since been on the meds.My wife is great and says she "understands" ,but i am sure she gets frustrated with the situation.Sex -i really couldn't care less about it.So you aint the only one.

• Posted

Thanks. It's just frustrating, sexual dysfunction is not listed as a side effect.

• Posted

When I was on Sertraline that had an immediate sexual dysfunction - no problem getting an erection but no chance at all of reaching orgasm, so I swapped to Mirtazapine. To my relief Mirtazapine did not have the same effect, but over the course of about 8 months I realised I was thinking about sex less, to the point that I realised I had very little libido. This went beyond sex, into just a general lack of interest with engaging in any pleasurable pursuits. I had a blood test which revealed that my testosterone level had dropped to 'very low average'. I stopped Mirtazapine cold 18 months ago and my testosterone level returned to average in a few weeks, but my libido is still struggling to get back to where it was. Anti-depressants helped me, but the legacy seems to be a fairly long road back to full engagement in life. Of course everyone is different and I may have unresolved issues that are making it take longer to feel a willingness to get into a close sexual relationship. If I had a long term partner I suspect together we'd find that connection faster but I'm single and I'm not keen to put myself out there at the moment and risk the embarrassment.

• Posted

I'm going to ask about my tostestorone levels, I've heard antidepressants can affect hormones.

It's slightly suspicious that at almost 20 years of age, I could pass as a 14-year-old. Seriously! My younger brother and his friends said I could pass as a "Year 9" lol.

I kind of like looking young because I get to spend more time being "cute" and not an "ugly hairy man"... now I'm just rambling haha.

Thanks for sharing!

• Posted

Rejoice in looking younger than your years.I always looked much younger than my peers.Now at 50 I look younger and some friends look 70 (so my wife says!! )
    • Posted

Me too, but i won't credit mirtazapine for it. 

Meanwhile, Tired, I wonder how long you have been on mirt? It can take some adjusting when introducing meds to the system and maybe your sex drive will return. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.