Anyone had the internal shakiness

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi iv been on 10mg for 18 days now for bad headaches and although its fixed the headaches and im able to sleep better , im still having internal shakes that is really worrying me. Its the same feeling as when my blood sugar is low but iv checked it and its at an ok level.

anyone one else experienced the shakes and for how long

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I went from 25-100mg and bs k to 100mg over twelve months. I had this symptom while on the med. Unfortunately, I'm now experiencing something like Parkinson's tremors since coming off.

• Posted

Hi steve 27598, I just wondered if your Parkinson's tremors have calmed down/gone away? I have been on 10mg Amitriptyline for the past 5 weeks but got a sort of shakiness all over when I missed a couple of pills (not in a row) so decided I wanted to come off it so went down to 5mg a couple of nights ago and have since had muscle twitching all over, plus the sort of trembling feeling (you can see it in my fingers in a certain position) plus horrible nausea. I'm assuming they are withdrawal symptoms but the muscle twitching (like ever 30 seconds) is concerning me. I did read somewhere that it can happen with Amitriptyline (either on it or as withdrawal) but that it can take weeks or months to go away after coming off it and that in some cases it doesn't go and you end up with a sort of PD (though they're not sure if that's just people who already had it anyway and coming off the Amitriptyline just unmasked the symptoms). It's a bit scary and my GP wasn't a great help. Just wondering if the Parkinson's tremors have calmed down/gone away for you? Thank you!

• Posted

I have internal shakes and also muscle twitching since I missed a couple of (10mg) pills, and then trying to reduce to 5mg... I'm trying to come off it and am assuming these are withdrawal symptoms but they're kind of scary... Did your shaking ever calm down?

• Posted

hey

been on these for just over 2 weeks and my internal shake is so bad it comes and goes with muscle twitches mainly calves 24/7 and anxiety through the roof.

it just feels uncomfortable.

has it died down for you?

must be a powerful drug as only on 10mg.

• Posted

hello ali

so sorry i never got back to you.

i reduced my tabs to 5mg and was ok for several months but im now coming off them so i started reducing to a quarter of 5mg on thurs then i didn't take a tab last night but will take the quarter again tonight.

today i feel like a zombie im not really with it although i didn't sleep a wink last night and got a terrible headache so hopefully ill feel much better by next weekend, well thats the plan

hope your ok x

• Posted

same issues ! and high heart rate and I was on it only 9 days. 3 weeks later I'm still experiencing it!

• Posted

hello syed it was the same for me thats why i came off them but doesn't mean you'll be the same, give them a couple of months longer and see how you are.

hope everything calms down and the shakes disappear

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.