Anyone had this problem???

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, I've got a problem and wondered if anyone has had the same problem, basically i've noticed since starting the blues that my nails have stopped growing and when I colour my hair (using a permanent colour) it washes out afetr 2 washes,has anyone else suffered wth this? i'm getting a bit worried about now i've been to see my GP and she said that there was no evidence that orlistat can cause this,its never been researched she said. Any opinion will be much appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

my nails have been growing well recently, i dont dye my hair so i cant comment on that aspect

have you cut out any foods which help promote good nails and hair condition?

• Posted

No I cant think of anything other than Yoghurts,when I got the tablets the doctor told me to eat 2 a day and recently I havn't been having many,maybe 1 every few days.
  • Posted

Because the drug interferes with your body's absorption of some fat-soluble vitamins, you should take a daily multivitamin supplement that contains vitamins D, E and K and beta carotene once a day. In particiluar i think Vitamin D deficinecy will affect the condition of hair bones and nails.
  • Posted

my nails have always been poor growers but I do think my hair is growing faster as my grey roots seem to be popping thro quicker :oops: :o
  • Posted

It coudl be your age - or even due to weight loss suddenly? I staretd losing weight 6 months ago and teh consistency of my hair changed completely. My hairdresser noticed it first and then once she'd drawn my attention to it I realised just how much it had changed. She asked if I was losing my hair which FREAKED me out! But in fact I am not it's just that its become MUCH finer and less frizzy. I have reseacrhed thsi thoroughly in Net and it can be linked to many thing sbut you whoel head of hair is replaces basically every 7 yrs so your hair can change! Obv. hormonal changes have the biggest influence. Similarly your nails - read up about Menopause and calcium etc etc. Another thing it coudl be is a lack of Iron in your diet? So anyway - don't stress....XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.