Anyone had thoughts may have harmed others

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've got intrusive thoughts and OCD triggered by zopiclone withdrawal. Mainly thinking may have pushed people over in street also intrusive memories may have hurt people in the past. Not at all a desire of wanting to hurt people at all I' a very passive person. Just wondered if any found meds and therapy help.ed just started on citalopram

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lemanna, These thoughts can be a combination of your withdrawl & starting a new medication....You need to let your Dr know how you feel & about these thoughts....if they are MEMORIES OR "WHAT IF"s...you cannot go back in time and if you have guilt over something you DID, you can work on that with your Dr or a counsellor....if you didn't DO anything & its just THOUGHTS....you can work on that too, to be sure it stays in the PAST...then you can focus on NOW, which is MORE IMPORTANT....YES, counselling could REALLY help you, working on things that are in the past, will help keep them from repeating or occurring in your future...Don't be afraid, ashamed or embarrassed to talk about anything and be honest with your Dr and counsellor, its the best way to get your life on track...BEST WISHES💒☮♾🎶🐾🌈🍀

• Posted

Thanks definitely false memories/ thoughts never hurt anyone. Doctor useless they made me go cold turkey off zopiclone after 12 years just said OCD sent for CBT that was useless. Saw great psychotherapist, thinks may have had anxiety masked by years on zopiclone opened floodgates being made to just stop it. Had years of toxic mother making me feel worthless, second best to my sister and husband nearly died 4 years ago had cardiac arrest at home. She's only doing skype coz virus but will try have some more session. NHS useless they stick you on these meds then give you no help trying to deal with fallout from stopping them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.