Anyone had Vaginal Ultra Sound in Perimenopause

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hellooo Friends

Anyone did vaginal ultra sound in Menopause.

Yesterday my Dr told to do IVS ( Inter vaginal scan ) for me as she think my periods r changing and me younger for menopause soo she told its good to do scan...to check inside.......anyone did this earlier..How ur experience ?

My Experience was very bad 😭😭

I had this scan yesterday i feel very uncomfortable ....they put probe inside Vagina ....after coming home i feel pain in Opening of vagina..and some discomfort while urinating.

Is this normal after this scan ?

i had many peri symyoms from last year..head pressure..headaches ..pains ..dizziness and etc

Earlier i have no symtom of my vagina only dryness .No pain. but after scan facing new problem 😭😭

I am very sad and depress today.... ..i already had sooo many health problems and now new problem started 😭😭😭😭

Plz help and share ur experience and suggest how to ease this problem.

Thanks

Sunaina

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I've had 2 scans in the past two years. both found nothing. just an enlarged uterus. I AM 49. I really loath perimenopause.

yes both were extremely uncomfortable.

• Posted

same with me very uncomforable during scan abd after 1 day also...not feeling good😭

• Posted

I felt violated after mine but no damage. She fairly shoved it in tho:(

• Posted

ohhh

mine nurse was not good i guess .she hit other part of skin too while inserting probe..😭

• Posted

Hi,

I have had 2 Vaginal ultrasounds last year. I had a little irritation afterwards. I do think I had irritation when I urinated but it was better each day until it didn't bother me anymore. Some of it might be from the lubrication they use, I think. I would suggest if you don't have improvement from the IVS I would call your GYN and ask if your symptoms are normal for you. I think some discomfort is normal and everyone is different but it I would think it would improve in a couple days.

To be honest I was hoping I didn't have wind during it. Because that is something I have had more than my fair share of.

What the vaginal ultrasound shows is how your ovaries are doing as far as menopause. As menopause progresses, your ovaries start their decline. Or as I call mine- shriveled up like they are supposed to. lol Last year I had one ovary that was done and the other one in the process of shutting down. I was about 4 months period free at that time. Now I am 1.5 year without a period.

I hope your symptoms improve for you!

Kelly

• Posted

Thanks for reply Kelly dear ..will wait for couple of days ..letss see..

hoping my pain will ease soon and i start feeling comfortable . pain may be because of probe insertion .. they did fast and hard i guess..i feel soo much pain during scan..thank God scan come out normal.

feel depress from morning..went to Dr for help of my other symtoms and came back home with new problem 😭 already worried from sooo many symtoms and now new again.😭😭

Went to GP then Gyn and then neuro..no one understand my problem....donot accept that it harmones.. .now i am loosing my mind......suffering from soo many symtoms and they r saying its not meno now wait for 4 or 5 years....... ur just 39......Its PMS .

i wish we all recover soon from this horrible phase of life

tk

• Posted

sorry dear write ur name wrong ....i wrote kelly....Sorry mam

Sorry Keljo

• Posted

i have had two of them done while i had heavy bleeding with huge clots . yes, their uncomfortable but i guess their essential so , i had them done .

youll feel better by today hopefully .i know its hard and hurts a bit but , its the only way they can get a real good picture of the uterus and areas inside.

hugs . xx

• Posted

Thanks for reply mam..may be in 2 or 3 days will feel ok.

tk

• Posted

I remember during mine the tech told me there was a muscle group and the wand needed to push past it to get where it was going. Since the tech went very quickly for you, she might have just irritated that band of muscle. In an ideal world, the tech is supposed to ask you to breath in and out like labor so s/he can comfortably push the probe where it needs to be.

Let us know if you are feeling better!

• Posted

Hellooo mam

thanks for reply

yes me feeling better ...ur right by probe my muscles r stretch i guess and i feel pain .

she did fast .

i did this first time.

Before doing this i was not mentally prepare also..i thought they will scan outerly..Dr wrote IVS i thought its outer scan..i didnot check in net also..how they will do...when she put probe inside i was shocked and feel alot of pain..cannot do anything at that time have to do that😭😭

now better

in 1 or 2 days it will be normal i hope .

thanks for concern dear

Have a nice weekend dear

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.