Anyone has bad thoughts?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I been having bad thoughts of hurting others. I know I don't want to but they just pop up I been listening to positive videos on YouTube so it can help. Do you guys have it? Is so how do you cope?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

When i experience these thoughts I just stop hanging out with annoying people

Haha but no I did when I was a teen but I was also kind of an angry person, I don't have that problem anymore as I am the nicest guy a lot of people know, I do mostly just hangout by myself tho

Do you take any medication? When I was on adderall in elementary and middle school i had fantasys of murdering people.

• Posted

That sounds horrible reading back, I hope you find a way to relax and the answer your looking for, sorry I'm not of more help

• Posted

Thank you. I was on Zoloft 50mg two years ago because my pregnancy gave me alot of these plus panic attacks. I don't want to take medication I just want to fight it and take it a day at a time . 😊

• Posted

Lots of people get these thoughts, they're called intrusive thoughts. We can't control what we think but we can control how we react to them. They are scary that's for sure and the more attention we give them, the longer they will stay and keep frightening us. Accept the thought for what it is...just a thought. Don't be scared of it, you know you would never do anything. Thoughts don't make us who we are, our actions do.

• Posted

Hello Judi. Yes, these intrusive thoughts - as others have said - are fairly common. Most people experience them now and then, but those with AD and OCD seem to have them very often. Try to distract yourself from them as much as you can. But the more you focus on them, the more distressing they'll seem. Just try to shut your mind off. Easier said than done, I know. But practice deep breathing, watch a relaxing movie, listen to some music. Do whatever you can to relax your mind. These thoughts will pass - I promise. smile 

Best wishes Xxx 

• Posted

Thank you Nick. I have been hearing videos from Les Brown and Eric Thomas. They are motivator talker to help ease it off and working out as well because I read exercise is good too. Thanks😊

• Posted

Hey Judi. I get these thoughts accompanied by visions often and also about hurting myself - these intrusive thoughts are actually more common than you might think. Sorry, I can't be much help but it will get better, I find that it is all about distraction or finding things that make you happy and bring good memories and thoughts smile

• Posted

I've had them (quite bad at one stage ha) I laugh at them aswell and I want you to know your not a bad person for having these thoughts at all. To be honest the majority of the population have these thoughts at some points in there life's. Your having them a bit more and that's ok. There just thoughts! We're all entitled to our thoughts. It's the ACTING on them that becomes the problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.