Anyone has similar situation taking bloodthinner longer than 6 months that the clot is still there

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm on Warfarin since end of last May because the CT showed a smallish blood clot in my lower right lung after my chest infection last year on the same side, a year earlier I had another chest infection on my left lung. I had a lung perfusion scan last November which showed that the perfusion is not normal at the bottom of the right lung, and 2 weeks ago I had another CT scan which shows that the blood clot is still there, but the other parts of my lung healed. So is anyone noticed that after taking any type of bloodthinner longer than 6months and the blood clot is/was still there? I am only 34 years old so quite young and my body is quite strong.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I go for my next ct scan in april to see if my blood clots are still in my lungs i will post then. Sorry i cant help now.
  • Posted

Hi Erika . I had blood clots in both sides. Been on Apixaban for coming up to 6 months. Not hada checkup since. So will ask for a scan as have no idea if clots still there. Will keep in touch. Hope you recovering energy wise. I still have bad days if I try to do too much. lizziex
  • Posted

I have not had this experience with clots in the lung, but with clots in the leg. I had such a large clot in my femoral vein that it would never dissolve and the blood has had to find alternative pathways around it. I was told that in these cases, the clot becomes covered in tissue so is contained rather than dissolved. However, a couple of years after the DVT, I had multiple clots in the lungs.sorry I can't help more than thst.

• Posted

Do you know if these have dissolved? How long are you into recovery Wendy.?
    • Posted

It's over two years since my PE and in some ways, I am still recovering. My lungs sound clear to the doctors so I just assume the clots are gone. I attended pulmonary rehabilitation which helped me regain some of my fitness but I still have a way to go before I'm really fit again. I have never "recovered" from the DVT - I have post thrombotic syndrome and just had months of treatment for a venous ulcer. I'm on rivaroxaban and wearing a compression stocking for life now. I'm glad I'm an old enough not to care about my hideous leg!

• Posted

Sorry to hear you have really had a rough time. I am 64and have always kept fit so this came as a complete shock. I guess I just have to accept that maybe this is as good as it will get.Take each day as it comes. At least I am retired and can slow everything down. Take care thanks for info.xx
    • Posted

I'm also 64 and used to be fit too - and I'll get there again, little by little! :-)

• Posted

What a coincidence. Keep me informed of your progress Wendy. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.