Anyone have a dry throat and tickly cough at end of the day?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I'm still not convinced I have globus. My GP is useless. I've been back twice now with this feeling of something small like an oat or popcorn husk at the back of my mouth /throat but he can't see anything just by looking in my mouth. It's been 5 weeks now. Last week I had a sore throat that lasted for about 10 days, it's improving now but I've been left with a very dry, tickly throat and cough and a hoarse voice but only in the evening. My globus if that's what it is, doesn't present itself until a good few hours into my day but then lasts all day. No tight feeling in throat and no trouble eating, just this horrible sensation and an awful dry throat at the back. I'm wondering if I have post nasal drip or silent reflux but GP just won't have it and has told me to go and join a mindfulness course to help my anxiety. Why will no-one listen! 😔

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

its sounds like it could be globus sounds similar to what i have they said mine is globus cause of acid reflux it confussing cause if for any reason u have a feeling of somethinng in your throat its called globus there no treatment they just send u away and basically say deal with it i have been a and e cause of mine i iope it gets sorted xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.