Anyone have a tri mal fracture?

Posted , 5 users are following.

36 days post surgery, cast off today. Moves to air boot and in pain. Anyone else experience this?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey, I had tri fracture my cast comes off 3rd October and I'm counting down thdown days!

Jus wanted to ask are you partial weight baring or full in the boot? X

• Posted

Congrats on getting the boot!  I was in the cast 48 days and got my boot a week ago. and yes- I had pain.  I had a bimalleolar fx and the pain and discomfort is the inside instep and actually the bone- tibia.  I have 2 screws in that side and I am worried that they are causing the pain.  I am actually out of the boot for a bit as the wound on the outer side with plates and screws is not healing- 8 weeks following surgery.  I was told on Monday when i saw the PA that I can walk in the house at about 50%.  I have tried and it just hurts to much and I find that I am leaning the foot to the outside as my right side is too bothersome.  I am wiped out by aftternoon and I am not even walking much at all.  I cannot wait to get the boot back on.  I was supposed to wear it for 6 weeks but who knows at this point.  Anyway- short answer-  i had pain when i walked in it, but it did get better in a few days prior to my current state.  Hang in- but if you keep having pain, I would call or email your provider for sure.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply! I'm sorry to hear about your pain. It's certainly a long road, isn't it?! I'm not weight bearing yet. Had a tri mal 8/3 and surgery 37 days ago. My entire foot seems to ache in the boot. I suspect it's getting accustomed to the new position and the fact that it's not as supported as it was in the cast. Good advice re calling doc if it continues. Best wishes that you heal quickly.

• Posted

Trimalleoar fracture 8/14 here, surgery delayed and put on antibiotics unwilling 8/25. Still NWB and in a cas. Having xrays 10/4 and hoping to get the boot. Starting to have a little pain and spasms in the boot, but no weightbearimg or boot yet.
    • Posted

until 8/25 not unwilling (can't edit post). Are you partial or full weightbearing?

• Posted

Hi. Not weight bearing yet. Surgery approx 5 weeks ago. Cast off and on to boot 2 days ago. Today is less painful than yesterday.
    • Posted

I have a trimalleoar which happened in mid July.I had surgery and I have 11 pins and 2 plates.I am further down the line .I have been in a cast and I am in now in an  air boot and hoping that I can start walking without it in the second week of October. It has been long road,not enjoyable and a few lows but i now see the end of the road.Pain and spasms I still get but I do rest my ankle when in too much pain.
  • Posted

Glad you are doing better. Want toget out of the cast and into the boot, but of course have fear of the unknown and pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.