Anyone have adenomyosis

Posted , 4 users are following.

i was diagnosed with adenomyosis a few weeks ago and wanted to read anyone elses symptoms if they have this disorder

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

I have adenomyosis. I was diagnosed in 2021. It is horrible. My symptoms are prolonged periods. They last from ten days to 30+. They are very very heavy with clots. I have to use tampons and pads. If I sneeze, OMG! It's like a blood waterfall. I take iron while on my cycle. I can't even call it a cycle, because it comes whenever it wants. I get horrible back pain and cramps. I'm currently taking 10 MG of progesterone, to help with the bleeding. It worked for two weeks, but my period came back with full force. I'm considering doing a uterine ablation to help with the bleeding. I was hoping to go into menopause, which would end it all. I'm 52 and keeping my fingers crossed. They say, my three c-sections caused all of this. I'm just so tired.

• Edited

Hi, i posted 'do these symptoms scream endo' not too long ago.

I am 35 and have been diagnosed with adenomyosis. It started with back pain and not being able to rotate my torso to reach to (politely) wipe my back side. The pain radiates up my spine when it is bad (20 days+) of my cycle and the other main symptom is that i feel I've been punched in my left ovary and the punch has been held there for 20+ days. To say it has distorted me is an under statement. My mental health is rock bottom and I really can't see the end of the tunnel.

Get all the reports, tests and information you can, best of luck, you've got this!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.