Anyone have any ideas for me???

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been dizzy nauseous unable to walk right fullness feeling in my head loud ringing in my ear sensitive to noise and light.

Neurologist is running tests and setting me up for vestibular therapy.

In 2011 I had a dizzy spell similar that lasted 2 or 3 months the said it was BPPV at that time but this feels worse and anxiety is not helping.

I'm on medical leave wi no pay and I am so worried as to how I'm going to make it and how long will this last????

Could it be meniers disease??? Does anyone know?? Thank you for listening to me. Sue

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes, it sounds like meniere's disease. Not sure why they keep moderating what I'm posting but it describes your symptoms. I was trying to post from a website but they won't let me.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply.

I am going to call my Dr in the morning and mention that to her because that is what my gut is saying it has all the symptoms.

Thank you again!!!

• Posted

Did you have something similar????
    • Posted

No, I sometimes get BPPV, but I do get ringing of the ears sometimes as well. Luckily I don't get any other symptoms with it.

• Posted

Your neurologist will decide between either Meniere's Disease or Vestibular Migraine. These two conditions have overlaping symptoms, with the latter being more common.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neuroloyg

• Posted

Hi - I have MIGRAINE ASSOCIATED VERTIGO.  It took over a year to diagnose and I saw endless ENT, neuro surgeon and now got two neurologists.  If you go onto facebook and go to MAV SUPPORT site, it might ring some bells.  Ive had it four years now.  It does sound like MAV as I have problems with lights and sounds and am dizzy and sick.  Its called silent migraine.  Migraine without the headache pain.  Thats because its caused by extra electricity in the brain which shoots across the vestibular system causing the weird headstuff.  You prob would need meds to sort it.  Ive tried 9 but am now on botox and gabapentin which is helping a lot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.