Anyone have digestive issues that lingered?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm having increased acid reflux, really sensitive to how much I eat, & seems like food goes through me faster. My anxiety increases when my blood sugar gets low. Very frustrating! Starting to feel like this might not be right med. I've been on citalopram for about 10 weeks. 6 weeks on 20mg & 4 weeks on 40mg.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Are these probs whilst on citalopram?
    • Posted

Well then I can say yes I suffered with acid reflux badly hence doc put me on lansoprazel 30mg.

Glad to say now that I'm off both.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi. Yes I did too. Was on 20mg and found that I got really bad gas/bloating after eating and felt like to had to poop (sorry too much detail). Will say this though I am glad I stuck with it. Was only a year and went away after I came off it.
  • Posted

I urge you to consider stopping citalopram. I took them for 9 months with omeprazole and develop bloating and acid reflux.that was nearly two years ago and I have dreadful excessive acid build up with serve upper stomach pain everytime I eat many foods or drink alcohol. It has caused an acid imbalance in my digestion and I repeatedly suffer from constipation and diarrhoea. My stomach always bloats out from minute I eat and by the evening I look like I'm 6 months pregnant. Personally I would rather of dealt with my symptoms of post traumatic stress than continue to live with these digestive issues

• Posted

I was on it 2 years ago and just got

Back on it's okay but the withdrawals r what screws u up

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.