anyone have experience coming off temazapam?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Determined to get off this benzo for sleep that isn't working anymore, I have started tapering. I would rather deal with finding alternative to meds for sleep that up the dose. I've been there before with Lorazapam. When the dose went up the second time, I saw it would just keep going up and so tapered off. It took about 3 months. As temazapam is a lighter benzo, i'm wondering how long it might take. I started at 15 mgs and am down to about 11mgs. Hard to be exact as it is a capsule that I have to open and dump some out. Anyone done this? How long did it take?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I meant I would rather deal with finding alternative to meds for sleep THAN up the dose. Wish they had an edit option when comment or question is posted and you see an error and go oops.
    • Posted

An alternate is valerian.  It is a natural sleep aid.  I've used over the counter unisom.  Buy the pills in case you want to half it.

• Posted

I appreciate your responding. Unfortunately, I am one of those people that react opposite to expected result. Valerian makes me edgy and anxious. I will welcome any other ideas. Thanks
  • Posted

Very slow and steady tapering. You should ask your doctor or any addiction counselor.
  • Posted

I've been taking Ambien for years 10 mg.  It works most of the time.  They tried to change it to temazapam and it didn't work at all.  I think you can just stop, but that's my opinion and I'm not a doctor or even close.  Google it.  That's what I do most of the time.  You'd be surprised how many answers google has.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.