anyone have experience or knowledge on hiv 4th generation test?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, so i have a yeast infection and oral thrush. in the beginning i thought it was herpes but realized later it was a yeast infection. further studying into it, google suggested it could be hiv. im a male and have never had a yeast infection before. So it had me thinking that hiv was a possibility, i did have unprotected sex as well. A month and a day (exactly) i tested for herpes and hiv both came back negative. the hiv test was a 4th generation test. Anyone with knowledge who is willing to share what theyd know, i'd be glad to listen/read on what you know. Thanks!!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

what other symptoms do you have besidrs that ?

• Posted

honestly just that. my face gets red bumps almost like acne but goes away the next day. could be do to the cold not too sure. but the infections are the biggest things. no flu like sickness or headaches like ive seen on google. but i know it effects people differently

• Posted

if your 4th gen test was negative then you will likely be fine. test again at 12 weeks for a conclusive result. its hard to diagnose hiv based on symptoms . its likely to be coincidental,

• Posted

ok thank you! luckily 12 weeks is coming up at the end of this month

• Posted

sorry for anything you are feeling but I don't think it's HIV cause am experiencing it currently and yeast infection and oral thrush only happens in the late phase of HIV when it's starting to become aids. I have had yeast infection for so long no treatment works. I am currently in the same situation as you had an exposure 10 weeks back. ran HIV test all through the up to 8weeks and my results were negative and at 10 week I noticed something like swollen tastes buds and I went to see a doctor he said it was oral thrush still tested negative at 10 weeks, and oral thrush is common not only in people with HIV

• Posted

thank you for all three of your messages! much appreciated! what brought your yeast infection on do you think?

• Posted

as long as I can remember my yeast infection is not due to unprotected sex rather it's due toilet infection

• Posted

if you keep searching the internet you will only stress yourself out cause am experiencing the same thing right now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.