Anyone have experience with herbs from Africa?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Would love to hear if they helped.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I ha
    • Posted

you haven't finished your comment/answer, carmwoman
    • Posted

Yes, I have been scammed by this so called African Herbalist. He wanted the money paid through Western Union, which I did, then I had a letter from his Corier service, saying it would cost hundreds for them to send the herbs for me, then I realised I was scAMMED.

​Do not believe this con man he has pklaced all these false testimonials with photos of people saying they have been cured of COPD, when it is a terribly costly scam, from this African so called Herbalist with many different names.

• Posted

You have introduced an interesting angle.

Besides the all too familiar rooibos you will also be aware of the buchu, the taxonomy list being a very long one. I was conversant with the plants' properties when living in southern Africa. Whilst there were said to be many health benefits, mainly urinary tract and related organs, I cannot recall any reference to lung infection matters. Perhaps your intention was introduce discussion on another topic, and not COPD.

Whilst at the keyboard, I noted a.n.other Canadian contributor stating that she was having great difficulty quitting the weed. I would like to say it can be done quite easily with the right mental attitude. viz. In my case, it was very clear that I would never accomplish any remaining goals unless I stopped. Accordingly, it put an immediate end to my smoking, and I have not thought about a cigarette since. (I have written elsewhere so there is no need to be repetitive.) 

• Posted

I was pretty sure it was...can you tell me if you found out the hard way?  I guess what I'm asking is HOW did you find out?
  • Posted

I paid a couple of hundred to the scam herbalist then got another account for $400 FOR THE COURIER, I realised then I was scammed.and reported them to Western Union.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.