Anyone have fast food fears? Or eating in general?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ever since last February I've been watching what I eat to the point that I lost 94 lbs this past year. My doctor and therapist aren't too happy, but I keep telling them I don't have an eating disorder. I have never made myself purposely sick after, just watched what I eat. I guess it may have been a bit overly cautious..

Anyways, both of them have told me to eat unhealthy a few times a week to prove to myself that I won't die. My echo in September said my heart had no real issues, no blockages either.. Yet every single time I eat greasy food, I get so nervous and it's guaranteed a panic attack that night when I wake up in the middle of the night.

My dads bringing pizza and wings in about an hour. I'm forcing myself to eat. At this point I'm just terrified. Does anyone else get this way to eat, feeling like a slice of pizza will end in a heart attack? Will drinking water make it get through my system faster? I get a racing heartbeat for probably an entire day after eating bad. Not sure if it's anxiety or what.. Anyone else? I'm freaking out knowing that Its almost time.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh my god I can SO relate to this, mostly with fries and greasy meat! Everytime I eat fast food I feel like there's a month off of my life because of that. On top of that I'm scared to eat chicken,beef,fish from restaurants (especially fast food ones) as I feel that I'll have food poisoning. Do you have that or not? It really does suck. Yeah it's good taking care of what you eat but it's good to be able to eat fast food and enjoy it!

• Posted

I don't have the fear of food poisoning, mine is more a fear of how fattening and high in sodium restaurant's are. I mean I used to eat fast food once a day (literally, there were days I are fast food 3 times a day), yet I could still walk around and do more than now. It is so confusing how id think if I was going to die, I wouldve when I was so unhealthy.. Now I think I can't stand at the dishwasher for too long because my heart will give out.. Good old anxiety.

• Posted

I eat like total CRAP lol I eat terrible every single day of my life for the most part and have nothing to show for it. I'm one of those people who can eat whatever and not gain any weight no matter how hard I try. HOWEVER, where my fat probably does show is in my arteries and it's whatever I'm still young and have good cholesterol. Let's put it this way. I've seen perfectly fit physical trainers have heart attacks and severely overweight people be the picture of perfect health outside of their weight. Point is, outward physical appearance doesn't always correlate with your actual health status. If anyone was gunna die from fast food it would be me, not you. Live a little. Beyond that, you're also conditioning your amygdala to put out an anxiety response. You're literally giving yourself anxiety. What you really need to do to not be anxious about it anymore is exposure therapy. Buy some fast food and take just a couple bites and realize you're not dying. Next week take more bites and do the same. Eventually eat the whole order and do that once a week. The real problem here is you're conditioning yourself to be anxious about something very minor and not immediately life threatening. This might set you up later in life to have a terrible response to something that actually is life threatening. I would take care of it before you end up conditioning you amygdala to give out an anxious response to things that don't warrant it.

• Posted

Well i ended up eating a slice of pizza for four days straight. I had a craving that wohldnt go.. Aside from one panic attack yeaterday and some gas pains that will not go away today, its ok.. Strange thing is i get more chest pains and heartburn when i have healthy food, and less when i have junk food.. I cant wait until my body goes back to normal haha

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.