Anyone have gallbladder removed for a high HIDA #

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone had the GB removed for a high HIDA scan ef but had also been experiencing classic symptoms? What was the ef , symptoms and did it resolve the issues?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Eric! I have had a HIDA Scan where they found my Gallbladder is only operating at 14%. I had a gallbladder attack almost a year ago & 3 months later a ruptured appendix. I have digestive issues gas & burping which mimicked acid reflux. I took omeprozole for a few months but didn't do too much. Since I found out from the HIDA Scan I've stopped the acid reflux meds & my symptoms seem better; however, I still have mild symptoms. Ok sorry for going on & on but I'm having my surgery on March 14th & I'm hoping this will solve my issues. I will let you know if it's resolved. I'm sure if so it may take some time for my body to adjust. It took me a good 3 or more months after my appendix.

Are you having your GB removed & what are your symptoms?

• Posted

Yes I'm having it removed next week not sure on what day. I've had the classic rib pains , chest pressure , diarrhea off and on , burping , terrible back pain I'm sure I'm missing some lol. I've had CT scan ultrasound , endoscope , HIDA scan but I've got a ef of 76 and the surgeon is really wanting it out. I've been taking bentyl for a week which has calmed the spasms and I can eat again and omeprazole for about 2 weeks. I've talked to 2 surgeons and both said with the symptoms that it needs to get taken out. Kinda nervous about all the tests being normal and a 76 ef

• Posted

Hi Eric I had my gallbladder removed Jan 2016. The pain I was experienced with my blocked gallbladder has gone(SHOULER PAIN ETC) but I am left with other problems eg cant eat fatty , greasy, or high fibre foods which makes eating out or parties difficult , but as long as you go into it knowing its not going to be the same as before youll be ok . The only thing I have to be honest about is that my diet was not the best before and as a result this is why I am where I am today . I will say though it has taken over a year for me to feel ok with this and although the advise that I was given was that I could eat what I wanted again this has proven not to be correct as a result it has forced me to lead a healthier lifestyle , I had no choice but to have the operation and to be free of the awful pain is a small price to pay   Good Luck to you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.