Anyone have Glomerulonepheritis as a cause of CKD?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All

I am trying to find out if Glomerulonephritis is a cause of CKD 3. Has anyone here been given this diagnosis for their CKD.

I am 52yrs white female with CKD 3 egfr 45 creatine 111 and persistant microscopic haematuria. I have no other health problems . Trying to work out what the cause is. Would appreciate some ideas

Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane, 

i dint know know if I can help give you any answers but I a, a 20 year old who has Stage 3 CKD. I was dianosed 10 months ago as I think I suffered from Glomerulonepheritis as my kidney was leaking excessive amounts of protein which resulted in my kidney functioning decrease. I a, now on medication to help my kidney filter and function more to keep protein from leaking out of my system. 

I am am still trying to work this out for myself but talk to your GP if you are really concerned 

Jenny 

• Posted

Thanks Jenny

I am waiting for investigations at mo, I have been referred under the 2 week referral pathway scheme so will know very soon. Just seeing if anyone has any ideas or same prob

Jane

• Posted

Hi!

I have that same diagnosis, im 30 now and have been diagnosed since i was 24. I had a bunch of blood work and a biopsy done and they never found out the exact cause. Anyway I have CKD stage 3 and Its been stable, with medication (ramipril) the protein and blood have disappeared from my urine. I hope this helps you somehow. Our best guess is that this is secondary to probable strep infections I had in the past

• Posted

Its good to know could be as simple as that!

Many thanks for replying.

• Posted

I am dealing with this right now. I am booked in for a biopsy but my protein was 7.95 g leaking in 24 hour urine test. I am in stage 2 i have no immune deficiencies and have no idea what caused this. We will see after biopsy how much damage is done. Just learning to adjust with diet etc.
  • Posted

I am now on dialysis.  It was assumed that my CKD was a result of recurrent urinary tract infections ascending to the kidneys resulting in glomerulonephritis over the years. Nobody seemed to think it was worthwhile investigating further - presumably because of my age and GFR was down to 20 before anyone realised there was a problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.