Anyone have insomnia issues with their anxiety?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there, been on Prozac about 4 months, just upped to 40 mg about a month ago. Seeing really noticable changes in the 4th month, my obsessive and intrusive thoughts lessening, waking up more optimistic.

But, I originally started Prozac to help my sleep. I wake up almost every night with restless dreams or nightmares that are so real that I feel like I've never gone to sleep. Anything from plane crashes, to cheating on my boyfriend, to failing all my classes back at college. I've seen really not and improvement with the Prozac and I was hoping to.

Anyone on anything else for sleep? Or if not, if insomnia is a part of your anxiety, how have you coped? What's helped? Does it go away eventually?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My full message didn't post! Weird 😃 Hi there, been on Prozac about 4 months, just upped to 40 mg about a month ago. Seeing really noticable changes in the 4th month, my obsessive and intrusive thoughts lessening, waking up more optimistic.

But, I originally started Prozac to help my sleep. I wake up almost every night with restless dreams or nightmares that are so real that I feel like I've never gone to sleep. Anything from plane crashes, to cheating on my boyfriend, to failing all my classes back at college. I've seen really not and improvement with the Prozac and I was hoping to.

Anyone on anything else for sleep? Or if not, if insomnia is a part of your anxiety? How have you coped? What's worked?

• Posted

Hello, that is one of the main reasons why I took the initiative of stopping prozac only after taking it for 3 weeks. I suffered a panic attack in October and my doctor prescribed me prozac. I really don't know why. I soonestarted prozac I began to feel centumcellae I never experienced before period somewhere hot flashes, insomnia, could not fall asleep. Was I fell sleep I began to have nightmares. I have been of prozac for almost 2 months and I feel great. I don't have anxiety. 1 of the best decisions I made in my life was to stop prozac.

• Posted

I had insomnia when I took it at night. I now take it in the morning and I am sleeping better

• Posted

hi ive gone back on prozac 1 year after i came off it due to getting really low again im struggling to climb out the black hole the gp put me on 20mg for 3wks then upped it to 40 mg not seen much change in my mood lifting but i dont sleep so well since ive been back on it perhaps i havent given it long enoughto work yet.i suppose we can only hope it gets better it helps when other people have problems that relate to you .you dont feel quite so alone and if we can help each other though this thats great.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.