Anyone have issues with HR going down after exertion

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi again,

So I've noticed that every time I do something physical (exertion), my heart rate will go up but it takes a long time to go back down below 100 bpm. For example, I took a treadmill stress test on Monday. At the end of the test, my HR was 181. It slowly came down to 130-135 but stayed there for a good 10 -15 mins. My heart rate finally went below 100 bpm after an hour. No SVT's were noted during test other then one PVC and some PAC's, I think. The day before I was raking leaves to the curb and noticed my HR went above 120. When I was finished, it took another hour for my heart rate to go below 100. Anyone with SVT experience this or is this another issue I may be having with my heart?

Thanks!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

SVT causes tachycardia only when it's in abnormal rhythm.

If there was no arrthymia detected then you have sinus tachycardia of some sort and it's not SVT.

• Posted

Thanks! My report did note "Supraventricular arrythmias other then sinus tachycardia was observed." but he didn't mention svt. Guess ill wait to hear from my doc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.