Anyone have severe Nerve pain right buttock/Spotty Bleeding after Prolaspe Surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I have had /Rectocele/Cystocele/Vaginal prolapse Surgery/perineplasty/one side labiaplasty.

I am 12 days post surgery, I have had a few bumps in the road. Came home with a catheter in place, hated that idea at first until I realized by day 2 I could barely stand by the bed. Called the doctor they said to remove cath by 3rd day or come in to remove it. I Removed the cath on a Wed at 1:00 pm, pee'd 3 hours later then after that could only pee drops at a time. Called doctor at 4 am the following morning in severe pain was told to go to ER or come to office. My bladder was in distress with 1 liter of urine that needed out so they drained my bladder and recathed on 3rd day. I was severely swollen still so no passing of urine. AS of today, I still have cath as I could not pass the Trial and Void where they fill your bladder. But they only gave me 25 mins to do so and I have read online it can take up to 3 hours for your bladder to function on its on. Has anyone else had to have catheter for more than a week? If so what did you do to make your bladder work and how long??

I am on Antibiotics for UTI as that comes with a cath being in so long but I did have alot done. I just worry what if I can't pee again? I go back in 3 days again. Luckily BM's are normal, I learned a breathing technique online that helps inhaling and exhaling to help. Colace and Milk of Magnesia have been a daily routine.

I have had a bit more energy as of day 10. I still cannot sit on my right buttock, there is a sharp shooting nerve pain that will light you up and make you gasp for air. Doctor already mentioned cutting a stich from my vaginal vault??? After all of this pain, why would I do that already???

I am walking around my house a few times a day to build my strength, but wind up right back in my bed.

Also did anyone notice an odor around day 12 with light bleeding? I wonder if it could be my stiches dissolving?? As many have said, this is a surgery I was not prepared for. Thank goodness for my bed and time off from work. I only have 6 weeks off and can not imagine even going back then. The doctor said at the 6 week check up we need to reevaluate a slower healing time and more time off. Doctors make it seem like this is a quick little surgery and would be back to work in no time?? Thanks in advance for your responses, it takes a village.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Thats a lot of surgery and why Consultants say "6 weeks recovery" I will never understand. This may take 3 months before you feel totally normal again.

The mention of cutting a stitch may mean your consultant thinks that stitch is causing some of your problems.

12 days post op from this type of surgery is no time at all. Be patient with the catheter.....normal peeing will come back but I know its depressing. Rest as much as possible. This is the time to be a lady of leisure, and not Wonder Woman. Accept as much help as you can get.

• Edited

Thank you so much Marina_Dee!!! You are right.. its still so early but my mind overthinks. Many Blessings your way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.