Anyone have shingles on pubic area??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Developed small rash, so GYN tested for HSV both culture and both blood tests negative. He thinks it may be shingles, but too late to test for it now. Question is did anyone have white creamy vaginal discharge that doesn't seem to smell? Still have that even though blisters are now sealed over and healing.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there! I had a very similar experience. Six blisters on my labia majora/minora and three on my bum that were only tested for HSV. I didn't notice discharge, but I also started my menstrual cycle in the midst of having the blisters. Are you doing a follow-up blood test? I am about due for another to confirm it was not HSV, but both the swab and blood test (IgG) were negative. I do remember having some abnormal discharge the week after my cycle, but it has since cleared up. Has yours gone away? They really don't seem to test for shingles because they think pubic/genital shingles is abnormal, but I believe it is more common than they think!

Have you had any residual nerve pain? I still have pain in the areas I had blisters (I believe the S2 dermatome) on my left side. I've been taking lysine regularly, as well as lots of vitamins. Good to know I am not alone!

• Edited

yes, i have. they started at top of my butt crack, down, then up my right groin, over to my right labia and down back of my leg. definitely shingles from tests. no discharge. most excruciating pain for 5 weeks. could only lay on my side. Even my pubic hair hurt. large doses of gabapentin helped cause i would sleep. when awake, horrible pain. lidocaine helped some. now, seven months later still have nerve pain. hurts for clothing or underwear to bind the area. as much as possible, i wear loose fitting palazzo style slacks - and granny style long loose fitting underwear. unbelievable pain to the point i sincerely wanted to die. i so can sympathize with y'all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.