Anyone have smaller fibroids causing symptoms?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone. I was hoping to get some advice on my fibroids. After experiencing mild back aches I went for a ct scan in February. All was clear except that it said my uterus was enlarged. I then went on to get an ultrasound which showed I have 3 fibroids. One at 4cm in the posterior fundal and 2 at 1.3 cm in the front. Shortly after, I have been e experiencing intense bladder pressuee which sometimes feels like I have a UTI but dont. It comes and goes. After a few pelvic exams, it was so bad. I got 3 different opinions from 2 gynos and 1 urogyno. All 3 said they were too small to be causing these issues. I am now going for painful bladder tests to rule out anything else. I have extreme anxiety over this not knowing what is wrong with me. It makes sense that if I have an enlarged uterus and a golf ball sized tumor, these symptoms can happen but doctors are making it seem impossible. My uterus is 9.3 cm. Anyone else have a similar experience being told your fibroids were too small? What did you eventually do? Thank you!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have also been having back pain, right side pain, almost like a kidney infection.  Had issues with bowels, either constipated or loose stools.  When I tell my gyno and family Dr. they look at me as if I am crazy.  Last summer I was told I have adenomyosis, fibroids and then in October when right side pain started, they did an ultrasound and said I had a cyst on my right ovary.  It seems weird that prior to last July, I had several xrays, MRI's and Ct scans on my back and nothing explained the pain, then when they did ultrasound on abdomen, all of these things showed up.  I asked if maybe the uterus and fibroids could be pressing against nerves which would explain the pain.  Not sure if a lot of these Dr's really know, but based on what I am reading from other women, I think a lot of these symptoms are common.

• Posted

Hi Linda. Do you know how big your fibroids are? My ct scan only showed an enlarged uterus with fibroids and the 4cm one is in the posterior which would make sense why my back hurts. All drs say that it is muscular pain. It is so frustrating. Do you have bladder pressure too? Sometimes mine is unbearable. Now I am getting tested for a bladder disease bc NY dr doesnt think it's my fibroid. Ugh. This is really making me depressed.

• Posted

I was told after MRI that I had one the size of a tangerine.  I go again May 30 for another ultrasound and back xrays then to see gyno same day.  I do have urge to pee a lot, usually up throughout the night.  Back pain is getting worse as well as the right side pain.  I get myself worked up also worrying it is something more than the fibroids and cysts.  I am considering a hysterectomy to see if my pain issues go away with the uterus.
    • Posted

Hi Linda. Please let me know how your ultrasound goes on the 30th. I think my fibroid is the size of a golf ball. Apparently not big enough to cause pain. My pain is on the right side too. Thought it was kidney stones at first. I am so worried on what this could be. Keep in touch.
  • Posted

I had 4 fibriods than was told it was 8 after an open myomectomy😒. before my surgery o had to urinate frequently atleast every two hours😩😳😧 back pain horrible cramping. After my surgery which was March 20 i have not had frequently urination🤗. I can sleep 7-8 or 9🤔 hours without having to go to the restroom💁🏾🤗🤗🤗😇😲🙊🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾. had my period the second day was heavy but rest were light or spotting🙄🤗🤗🤗🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙏🏾. I think your body get use to going to the restroom alot. I was like didn't i jist jave these fibroids taken out🤔 I'm not going to get up to pee I'm going to hold it as long as i can🙄 and it worked i still felt like i needed to pee but i was like I'm going to hold it. I wentto the restroom 6 or 7 hours later. After that my body started getting use to me holding my pee that i stiped having that urgent urination but sometimes i feel it but niw i can hold it for hours and when i do gi my stomach it's nit hurting from holding it.

• Posted

What is being done for your small fibroids? I have 3 of them and the largest one being 3cm. My Gyn said they are too small to remove but I am having constant pain on the lower right side of my back. Any advice would be appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.