Anyone have solution for acne and pimples?

Posted , 15 users are following.

I have severe acne on my face from last 6 months. Even after consulting dermatologist, I'm not getting results. Can anyone have any solution?

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes acne is a beast and sometimes Dr's are clueless because there are so many skin types. Pay attention to what your skin reacts too.. Some of those cleaners, toners and creams are too harsh for your skin irritating it more. Sometimes just cleansing with water or even honey is better. This woman told me a few weeks ago that when she ate avacados her face exploded days later so you can clean up your diet to see if that helps or keep that in mind. Stress can effect acne as well as not enough sleep. You can try changing your pillowcase more often or even taking a good quality vitamin could help.

• Posted

Hi I would keep going back to your dermatologist until s/he comes up with other treatments which might be able to help.

Have you ever tried rouccatine (not sure of spelling). This usually works but is often a later treatment option as it can cause depression. It worked for my nephew and he was severe.

The main thing is not to pick at any spots or pimples hard though this may be as you will risk scarring and pits in your skin.

Acne is a skin disease which cannot be cured by simple washing - helped a bit maybe but you also need to be careful not to over wash your face as you will destroy the good bacteria which is also there.

I had very severe acne which started at 11 and continued until my early 20's. I got so sick of people telling me to wash properly or to eat healthily - none of this causes this awful skin disease. I unfortunately did pick and pop my spots and ended up with lifelong scarring and deep pits in my skin. Please don't do what I did and persevere in getting help. There are a lot more treatments available than when I was young so take advantage of them. x

• Posted

i totally agree to every bit of what she said. i had severe acne vulgaris for 10 years. it appeared in 2005 and vanished in 2016. i tried each and every treatment and cared for my diet but all only worked for a month or so. Just be careful and take simple precautionary measures and pray, thats it. Acne which keeps on appearing again and again even after treatment has not permenant treatment. It will go for sure but it will take time and disappear with age. I automatically started feeling better when i was 25, which was two years ago.

• Posted

I am very glad you are feeling better now. I see a lot of misinformation about acne which I try and correct when I see it. I do consider myself fairly expert on it being a life long sufferer. x

• Posted

Hey Renees, No need to worry .

Acne is one of the common skin problems in humans. Almost 75% of people are suffering from acne at some point in their life. Just follow some basic principles in your daily routine like:

Drink Plenty of Water, Use sunscreen when you go outside, Sleep Well around 7-8 hrs and finally go on morning walk daily for 1 hr. These points will surely help you in curing this problem.

• Posted

Have you checked your hormone levels? passed a blood and urine test?

• Posted

I can catogorikly say that from my observations, females with acne...'generally' are probably not having regular or any sex, I have seen such womans acne almost disappear overnight once a new active boyfriend comes on the scene... clearly a big change in hormone levels happens with such engagement. Probably poo pooed by many other parts of the medical profession, but it is a fact like it or not...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.