Anyone have these symptoms too !!!???

Posted , 6 users are following.

For months now I have been experiencing a feeling like im unable to take a deep breath , chest pains , burning feeling in top of chest , left arm pain , and recently when trying to fall asleep my breathing speeds up and i feel quite anxious and scared to fall asleep 😢I have had numerous heart and lung tests all that have come back fine !! But i know its not all in my head there has to be something causing it ??? Its not anxiety as im only anxious because of the symptoms not the anxiety starting the symptoms, im recently taking omeprozole as doctors think it could be heartburn ??? ...does anyone else experience this or am i just nuts 😆😆😆

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

It definitely sounds like it could be reflux. I had the breathing problem a month ago and ended up having my heart and lungs check out. Everything came back okay so now I'm waiting for an appointment with an ENT. I've been following Dr Jamie Koufman's 'Dropping Acid' diet for the past four weeks and the breathing issue is much better now. Unfortunately all of my other symptoms are still present. 

• Posted

I have the same symptoms and all the tests are clear ., I had h pilory , ct scan of abdomen and pelvis ., I was diagnosed with gastritis but now my doctor says it is something different , for my burning feeling on my chest and back .

• Posted

Sounds like you have  heartburn and anxiety to me ask for dome help to cope with feeling anxious as well as medication for heartburn 
    • Posted

I have just started taking omeprofile so hopefully symptoms will ease and I won't become so anxious over them 😆

• Posted

Hi just someone,

You’re not alone!

I know those exact symptoms extremely well. 

I started having mild chest pains and heartburn  very occasionally which I put down to eating fatty foods, pastries etc and having stress in my life. 

Then I had a tooth extraction which all went wrong and I ended up with an abscess and a dry socket. I had to take lots of painkillers and antibiotics and I think the combination of Ibuprofen and a Metronidazole tablet getting stuck in my throat caused a big problem in either my oesophagus or my stomach.

Whatever it was I was extremely ill and woke up in the middle of the night shaking and jittery with severe heartburn, pain in my left shoulder and a heaviness in my left hand. I also had severe back pain between my shoulder blades. 

The worst thing of all was the throbbing in my sternum. 

I was commenced on Omeprazole 20mgs twice a day and I radically changed my diet. I started eating extremely healthily ( vegetables, fish, lean chicken and I  only drank de-caffeinated green tea or hot water with a spoonful of honey.

I had to have an endoscopy but by the time this was done I felt completely better and it was normal apart from being positive for HPylori. 

I took the triple therapy and eventually a few weeks later I came off the Omeprazole. 

However in the last few months very gradually I’ve been sliding back into my old eating habits and the chest pains and heartburns and left shoulder ache is returning. I’m back on  Omeprazole and back on my healthy eating plan, so I’m hoping I’ll be symptom free again soon but this looks like a slippery slope doesn’t it. 

I’m not sure if I want to repeat this process all over again and so I guess the only sensible thing would be to stick to a healthy eating plan forever but it’s not always that easy is it. 

Did your symptoms come out of the blue or can you think back to a reason for them? 

Either way, I hope you will soon feel better.

Good luck

Jane 

• Posted

It started back in July last year but kind of suddenly I was stressed out though so maybe stress caused my heartburn ?? But hopefully the omeprozole will help and my anxiety will ease off in still under the doctor in 3 weeks to see if tablets are wading heartburn so fingers crossed 😊

• Posted

Yes, hopefully you’ll be better soon. In my experience it takes a couple of weeks for the Omeprazole to really “kick in” properly. 

Anxiety is the worst thing though and we all get it from time to time. Plough yourself into keeping busy and active. Brisk walking, something good on TV, a trip to the cinema, reading the paper doing crosswords etc etc

Anything to keep your mind off thinking too deeply into ones health, easier said than done I know. 

I caused myself even greater anxiety by looking on “symptom checker” and frightening myself silly!!

Take care, 

Jane 

• Posted

Agree with this fully, the anxiety is actually the worst trigger. Everyone so easily says "stay off google" but when you deal with pain 24/7 and wait months between appointments, it can be such a challenge to not try to self-diagnose. My doctor recently gave me a small Lorazepam prescription for my anxiety, she only gave me 10 caps to get me through 4 months, but my goodness this pill is amazing for reducing the anxiety. I only take half, about 3 hours before bed, and for the time before I fall asleep, I don't give a crap about anything lol, I am aware of the symptoms, I just don't care. And when you deal with this stuff all the time, it's nice to not care for a bit. I use a half pill every couple days.

Ask your doctor about it if your anxiety is bad. It's highly addictive, so be careful, this is why I only got 10.

• Posted

Im hoping once the omeprozole kick in my anxiety will ease off but thank you 😆 it's quite scary at times

• Posted

Hi,

Yes Lorazepam sounds like a safe bet taken in moderation.

Probably safer and a lot cheaper than a few glasses of Prosecco!!

Jane 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.