Anyone having a nightmare with the pill

Posted , 3 users are following.

Since having my daughter back in 2014 I've had the mirena coil the copper coil & the combined pill and now I'm on the mini pill and all of them have been a complete nightmare for me .. the mirena coil I had been using the longest and it made me spot bleed everyday so finally decided to get it removed was told the best one for me would be the copper coil as it has no hormones so I went and got that fitted and after that I kept getting infections (BV) so decided to get that took out I then went on to take the combined pill and it made me feel sick everyday and gave me bad migraines so decided I couldn't keep taking it so last year in October I decided to go on the mini pill and this was all good for the last few months no headaches no sickness feeling but .. I've had major sore breasts and now I keep bleeding everyday its actually quite heavy I'm just sick of it I can't seem to take anything with estrogen so thought proestrogen only would be better but it's proven not to be nothing seems to suit me I'm also getting a lot of pelvic pain cramps and a lot of pressure on my bladder I'm going to see a gynaecologist next month as my doctor doesn't have an answer and I'm now thinking it's all related to taking the pill I'm now considering getting sterilised as I don't know what else to do me & my parter don't want to have any more kids anyone else having a nightmare xx 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The part where you say "pressure on my bladder" is nagging at me. My concern is that  it could be something that's get's really painful. Like go to the ER painful. Hopefully, you've already seen your gyno or it's real soon.

Mirena and the minipill use the drug that's been linked to ovarian cysts. Most doctors had it drummed into their heads that women on the pill don't get cysts. Or, if they do it's one of the weird ones. Well, the minipill increases your cyst chances by up to 30%, instead of reducing cyst chances like the combo pill does. And, it's probably not one of the wierd ones. Just a plain vanilla cyst, benign, like almost all are. Except for the excruciating pain, nausea, and other miseries if it ruptures. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.