Anyone having itching at night?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello All, before I go thinking i have Lymphoma or some other liver disease, I wanted to check in and see if anyone suffers from body night itching.Thank you for any information or support.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, yes especially at time of month, my daughter gets it too. Its horrible. I get sweats too.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. I am starting to get the sweats too.  As long as I know I do not have something deadly I can cope.
  • Posted

Yes I do. Specially on my upper back for some reason. (Where I cannot reach). I have put it down to dry skin. I am using a cream now (that you can buy from the supermarket) and it has stopped completely (a moisturing body cream). I used to notice small flakes of skin when I scratched.
    • Posted

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I tried some body cream last night and it was not so horrible BUt I am sure glad it can be a perimenopause symptom and not something horrible!
  • Posted

The itching for me has been one of the worst symptoms. I itch mainly on my chest and under my chin/neck.

The Dr gave me antihistamine which didn't help much but she also gave me diprobase which I smear on morning and night and of late it has seemed a little better. I had another moisturiser from her first which didn't help and she told me not to use E45 itch relief.

Good luck, it is hell!

• Posted

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I am going to the doctor this evening to exclude some other more serious disease, but I ma sure glad it can be a symptom of perimenopause.
  • Posted

I do at times, my back starts itching and so do my legs and feet at times. Its due to dry skin thats the only reason why our skin itches, or it could be due to anxieties 
    • Posted

Thank you for your time in replying to me. I sure hope it does not stay with me for too long. I do not do well with sleepless nights.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.