Anyone having more saliva in mouth with more swallowing?

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello folks

its been a while since ive been on....is anyone noticing themselves having to swallow more as noticing more saliva in my mouth and annoying at night when trying to sleep?

thanks in advance CK

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi CK,

Nice to see you here, hope you've been well!

I seem to cycle between super dry mouth and what you describe. Both super annoying at night when they happen.

I'm 51, a tiny bleed every 70 to 90 days or so now.

• Posted

Hi Sara

thx for the reply and nice to know im not alone. i dont get dry mouth, just more saliva with more swallowing....and it can keep me awake as cannot sleep with having to swallow while lying down.

im 51 too and postmenopausal.

ive also had a real issue with post nausal drip too..

C

• Posted

hi there - yes i have this problem too. It used to happen a couple of days before my period but now im in full blown peri menopause it seems to happen on and off for a few days at a time. I also have the post nasal drip thing. I'm not sure about this but i think it has something to do with histamine. Ive noticed since my hormones got a bit more haywire (I'm 49) that i get more hayfever type feelings, more itchy skin problems, itchy ears etc and I read that there was a relationship between declining oestrogen and histamine. Anyhow - the answer is yes I have the same symptom and its definitely hormonal. I try to eat regularly and balance blood sugar, sip hot herbal tea and if desperate I take an anti histamine at night which does help the saliva thing although you would need to check with a pharmacist or GP to see if that was ok for you. Menopause is the weirdest thing.

• Posted

actually estrogen increases histamine, in peri you have more estrogen than progesterone xx

• Posted

Sorry Toria thats not true for everyone..... I was heavy progesterone in peri

• Posted

lucky you, my estrogen has tested high every time,,and allergies off the chart xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.