Anyone having success with natural remedies?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I am a healthy 54 yr old female, workout 3-4x weekly, eat healthily but have famial High Cholestrol, I'm wondering if anyone has had good results from natural alternatives? before I go down the statin route I'd really like to know that i've tried everything possible. I'm currently trying fenugreek as I've done some research and this has come up a few times. 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Darlene,

I also have familial cholesterolemia (spelling??) .. and I have a cup-full of plain uncooked oats every day. (I have it with plain greek yoghurt). My doctor said this may help. But I think that's pretty common knowledge, so as you've done a lot of research, you probably already knew that.

Jo

• Posted

Hi Josephine

Thanks for your comment, I have heard about the power of oats but I had always assumed cooked, the raw oats is a new one for me, will add it to the regime : )

• Posted

I reduced my cholesterol from 5.4 to 4.8 by eating 2 apples a day. A couple of years ago I read in the newspaper about some Australian research using dried fruit with good results. There has been occasional articles since then which makes me suspect the research is ongoing. If it doesn't do your cholesterol any good at least it will do you no harm!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.