Anyone Hear of The scrambler Therapy?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just was reading about a scrambler therapy, getting good results.  I had the Nevro Spinal Cord Stimulator implanted almost 3 months and they still havent adjusted it.   My dr is money hungry.

Next week they are doing an adjustment, we shall see

It has helped somewhat.

Hope you all have a Happy Thansgiving in the USA

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I have never heard of the scrambler therapy, may I ask what information you know about it.

Would you mind telling me about the operation and scars for your Nevro? My pain Dr wants me to have the Nevro put in and I'm curious about the procedure. Are you giving up on the Nevro already?

I have had 3 back surgeries, 2 of which were fusions. Now I have nerve entrapment in the scar tissue. I had a myleogram last week and a EMG this week. I'm sure that my Neurosurgeon will want to operate, I saw an Orthopedic Dr a few weeks ago and he warned me against having anymore back surgeries. So the Nevro may be my only option for me.

• Posted

Dian

Can't give as they didnt adjust anything yet, was suppose to be

last month be my dr dragging it out as he's not in my network

so my insur co pays him more money.

the scars are nothing, the surgery is about 45 mins to an hr maybe little more depends on how many leeds they are connecting.

They were suppose to knock me out and they didnt, My dr is good but is to money hungry and the appt last 5 mins, he said he couldnt increase my lyrica  when he can as I called my drug company to find out, and I printed out from 2 different websites about lyrica and PHN.

Google the scarmbler therapy  I just found it last night as I was googling somethings.

my pain is down just at night it bothers I take a breakthrough med and some over the counter liquid stuff and it helps.

I wish you all the best

• Posted

Thank you, please let me know how things go with your Nevro and if you find out about the Scrambler therapy
    • Posted

I've had the Nevro in for about 4-5 months. My Nevro Rep is continuing to adjust it. First with the Nevro you have a period of approx. 5-10 days testing to see if it would be successful for you. The Leads are not  implanted deep like the permanent ones are placed.  Nevro considers it successful if it reduces your pain by 50%. My pain has been reduced by about 20% so, hence, the adjusting to find the "sweet spot" where the test was placed.  I am continually in  contact with my Nevro Rep. When you have the extreme pain I had I was willing to try anything and I am still optimistic this will work. Mayo Clinic, where I had the procedure done, thought highly of the Nevro, also. Good luck!  Marie 

• Posted

I hope you nothing but the best. You are actually giving me hope, My pain is where it impairs everything that I do. It is Thanksgiving and I am still sitting in my robe, I took 2 Hydrocodone 10/325 but they haven't worked so far, it has been over 2 hours since I took them so I guess that they won't work today. Now I have to wait another 2 hours before I can take any more.

Please let me know how things continue to go for you.

• Posted

Hope everything works out for you.

Google Scrambler Therapy see if that may be for you

God Bless  Happy Holidays

• Posted

I don't think most people, who don't have extreme pain, understand what it feels like.  Otherwise, the do-gooders of the world would lighten up on their "hate opiate " campaign. I think the majority of us realize the danger of taking opiates and we only take them when absolutely necessary.  I will keep you posted and good luck to you. 

• Posted

I'm being weened off of my Fentanyl Patch

2/13 years is enough

• Posted

Marie, I totally agree with you about opioids. My pain Dr would keep me in a lot more meds than I think that I need. If someone could feel my pain they might not think that it is bad at that moment but it is the constant ongoing everyday and night pain that makes you hyper sensitive to any pain.

I would try the test of the Nevro but I am concerned about another surgery. I have had 8 in less than 6 years, three of which were back surgeries. I have done so many trials and procedures that my body is worn out from all of the poking, prodding and anesthesia.

I look forward to hearing your progress, like I said you are giving me hope.

• Posted

I am reading up on the Scrambler Therapy, thank you for the information. I hope that you are feeling better too. The only people who can truly understand are the ones who live in constant pain every day, 24/7.

Dianne

• Posted

Dianne

2 nights ago I found the report about the scambler, funny how it never came up in my google searches before, guess you have to keep researching.

Best of Luck

Paul

• Posted

I hope the Nevro starts working stronger for you. Please keep us informed about the Nevro and also the Scrambler Therapy.

Best Wishes,

Dianne

• Posted

The surgery to inplant the Nevro was done as outpatient but I totally understand what you are saying about no more surgeries.  I was lucky that I went to a Neurosurgeon at Mayo and he said no more surgeries and no more injections. I had only had one surgery where they had placed a

"hardware store" in my back and it was not successful.  The surgeon was just dying to get me under the knife again. Then I saw Mayo.  I am still hopeful with the Nevro. Like I said, the Nevro Rep had me turn it off for 24 hours where we could tell how much good it was doing and it cut my pain by about 20%.  They are wanting 50%.   Best of luck to you.  Marie

• Posted

I was wondering how your Nevro is doing, are you getting any relief?  What about the Scrambler Therapy?

My pain has gotten a lot worse, the Hydrocodone 10 325 aren't working at all and I have doubled the amount and still no relief. I have had a MRI, Myleogram and a EMG, with mixed results. The pain seems to be the worse at my sciatia and radiates down my left leg into my foot. Part of this problem is, I have scar tissue from my 3 back surgeries that have entrapped nerve roots.

This coming Thursday I am going to have a nerve block by my sciatia. I have had the shots in my back before but they never worked. I am hoping for better results this time.

Thank you ahead of time for your response,

Dianne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.