Anyone heard about this medicine Essentiale forte?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys,

Hope you are well,

I have a fatty liver,I guess I like my drink,

I was diagnosed in 2009

Since then I've done all kind of diets,and found out that you can controls alt/asat if you cut on some foods and control your drinking.

For example if you find difficult to stop drinking at least have your drinking session more rearly so give your liver break chance to regenerate.also cut sugar,syrups...pork meet,fried food etc

I just starting taking some medicine called,,essentiale forte'' which suppose to be very good for your liver,help your liver function and help the liver cells to fully regenerate,at least that what is saying on the advert,but I have some side effects - abdominal pain...

I read some very good reviews about this medicine from people using it.

Anyone heard about this medicine essentiale forte?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Add starchy foods, i.e. potatoes, breads, rice, pasta, root vegetables, corn, etc to the list of foods to avoid.  They are sugars in disguise and if you are not going to run a marathon after eating them, they will store as fat in the liver.

Keep fruit to a minimum as they are full of sugar too.  Those high in fibre are most beneficial - eat in morning to work off during the day.

I don't think pork is necessarily a problem.  There are very lean cuts, but fat does not necessarily give you a fatty liver.  Consume good oils, like xv olive oil, avacado, flaxseed, coconut (still contraversial).

Make sure you don't have haemochromatosis which also causes fatty liver.  With fatty liver, your ferritin levels are probably high as a result, but it does not mean you have haemochromatosis if the rest of the Iron Studies tests do not fit the mould.  A genetic test would be required to prove it.

• Posted

Hi Peter,

I tried taking the Essentiale forte and believed it did me more harm than good as all my liver enzymes levels went up. I thus has stopped taking it. I recommend you stop too.

For over 10 years I have non alcoholic fatty liver that it became liver 

cirrosis (85%) that till recently since November 2015, I went on a new regime as follows:-

Squeeze half a lemon for juice, two teaspoons of honey and olive leaf extract- mix Luke warm water about half inch in glass. Drink it before breakfast. Repeat 2 teaspoons of olive leaf extract with warm water one hour before you sleep. Supplement this regime daily after meals with 2 X 400iu Vitamin E, 3 X 1000mg Omega 3, and 2 X multi vitamins tablets.

Try this out for at least six weeks before you go for new blood test.

Update me after next blood test. Do brisk walking to make effort to lose more weight.

• Posted

Hi walter,

Thank you for your advice,

Can I ask for how long did you take essentially forte drug and what dosage per day?

Recently start to take this 1800 mg per day.

but i also notice some side effect like abdominal pain,was it the same with you?

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.