anyone help?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have had anxiety for 4 months now and im always worried about my health and if i have this or that... the past couple of days i have had a fear of having allergic reactions to food?! and everytime i eat something now i feel like my throat is closing up it gets itchy my skin gets itchy and i start to panic.. i have never been allergic to any foods before (im 19 btw) i dont know what to do anymore other days are better than others and i just want to give up sometimes honestly i dont know if this is my anxiety or am i going crazy?! anyone else feel this way please help i pray to god everyday that im okay... i dont know if i should give up or keep fighting im scared im going to have an allergic reaction and die ughhh sad again when i eat i sgtart to think about it and i start to feel itchy on my face by my ears and my stomach starts to hurt and it feels like my throat is closing up also this morning woke up with a dry itchy throat starting choking had water felt better but throat is irritated right now maybe seasonal change? i usually get that after the new year into sprint time someone help me please i feel like giving up i cry all the time about this sad

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Please don't ever give up. It is your anxiety, I've suffered for years. Your stomach hurts due to this to. Anxiety causes acid and your stomach upsets. Hope this helps x

• Posted

thank you for the reply i really appreciate it sad sometimes its hard to believe its anxiety it has done so much to me in the past 4 months start to get tired of this feeling and dont know what to do anymore sad other days im hopeful that this will end and it wont last forever but others i doubt it which isnt good thank you again

• Posted

Your very welcome. Just try to stay positive, I know it's hard. I e suffered on and off for 20 years. I have faith that one day it will end. So stay strong x

• Posted

Anxiety I had the same feAr about food and scare of having allergic reaction I overcomed it by trying different food and facing the fear I used to have panicks trying new food but I did it. And even though I was packing and scare I ate the food and wait for the anxiety to go away it self don't run from it or avoid now every time I eat new food my brain tell me I m going to get allergic reaction but that thought don't make me anxious because I overcomed it and I know is false I was scared of trying new toothpaste And yesterday I bought a different toothpaste and tried it my mind was racing with thoughts but I tried anyway and let the thoughts bit there and give no attention to it and it all went away and I didn't have a allergic reaction our brain is lie to us facing the fear is the only way to overcome it

• Posted

thank you so much for your reply yeah its crazy what anxiety does to us... i had cucumbers and i started to panic and itch and thought i was having an allergic reaction but nothing happened still itchy but that can be from how much stress ive been in and anxiety playing tricks or weather sad

• Posted

Remember this allergic reaction only get worse if you think ur having allergic reaction and panic and 20 minutes went by and you still panic but u don't have rash like really big rash in ur body red or swollen face then u will know it wasn't a allergic it was a panic attacks keep this in mind this helped me overcomed mine

• Posted

When you think u having allergic reaction sit and wait don't listen to ur mind just say ok let sit if is true sit for 30 minutes at least if u don't see any other systoms different from the systoms of panic attacks then u will know is ur ur mind sending false messages. If u sit and ur face is swallowing minutes after touching the object or rash and difficult breathing then I will know u don't get rash or swallowing when is. A panic attacks. Do this really helped overcomed that thoughts

• Posted

yaa everytime i eat i get itchy thats it probably my anxiety but im not red swollen or anything just itchy and i take a bite wait a few minutes see that nothing happened and i continue eating it its a vicious cycle
    • Posted

Yes I used to do that too the other day someone made food in my house right before i was going to eat I have thought thoughts oh don't eat it u maybe be allergic to the oil but I didn't pay attention to that thought I was hungry and I want to eat my food LOl so I ate it my thoughts keep racing I said ok stay there and play my show in tv and nothing happen I said see wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.