Anyone here had a burst kidney cyst?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone here had a burst kidney cyst and can describe the symptoms.? i am increasingly wondering if that is what i have ? I was diagnosed with UTI when in started in mid May and treated with antibiotics. It has diminished considerably since then but still continues. I have had a clear CT kub scan which i would have thought would reveal it but no that was clear and , following a UTI at the end of may, I have had various blood tests and a urine test. All clear.

But I am still leaking blood stained water from my pee hole ( quite independent of peeing , i am not incontinent and my urine is clear.) It has been going on since mid May and with everything else apparently ruled out my GP has diagnosed a caruncle. I am not convinced. It is not visible externally and the antibiotic ointment she prescribed has no effect. i wanted to ask someone who has had a burst renal cyst, what the symptoms are. I'm thinking it might be that.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have polycystic kidneys. and before seeing blood in my urine I had severe back pain for 4 to 5 days before my urine turned red.. I had.bloody urine for another 5 days before everything went away.. no infection no fever luckily

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.