Anyone here has genital warts. Please, help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had sex with my new girlfriend recently and last week I noticed some small bumps on my penis shaft. The bumps are painless, but very itching and annoying. I searched and found it could be genital warts. If they are warts, will I have them forever? What can I do to get rid of these horrible growths? Please, help me.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

It could be something really not worrying.  Go and see your GP and let them have a look before you start worrying unnecessarily.  Also if it is a new girlfriend I would suggest using protection until you get to know each others history and also for both protection against STI and pregnancy.
    • Posted

Thank you. I just sent a picture and asked a doctor online. After seeing that picture and asking some questions about my sexual history, he said that these bumps could be genital warts. He advised me to see a doctor to get them treated immediately. I searched online and found that the treatment may cost lots of money and I can't afford it. Some sufferers said that the warts can go away on their own within 1-2 years. Also, some reported that they got positive results after using home remedies and anti-viral creams. I'm considering trying these, but I think I will ask a doctor first. 

• Posted

I would also suggest talking to the partner in question and getting them to get checked out also.
  • Posted

As I know, genital warts are caused by the Human papillomavirus (HPV). If you contract HPV, you will have it for life. Despite treatment, the warts may come, go and return without noticing. A strong immune system can help in fighting off the virus naturally. To do this, you have to have healthy lifestyles, practice safe sex, exercise regularly and eat a healthy diet. And don't have sex while having genital warts because the virus can spread to your partner.

• Posted

Thank you. I think I have to remove these bumps first. They do cause my genital area itching, discomfort and irritation. 
    • Posted

Use Imiquimod. I heard that the cream could boost the immune system's ability to fight genital warts. But, it sometimes causes small side effects such as skin redness, rashes, and fatigue.

• Posted

Thank you but I'm trying Vidarox. Many sufferers on some other HPV groups seemed to have had luck with this cream. I also asked a doctor online and he said that this is a topical cream and it might work better for my genital warts. Some sufferers reviewed that this solution can reduce their genital warts and stop their outbreak before it starts. And they suggest abstaining from sex while I'm having genital warts. This is the only thing to reduce the spread.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.