Anyone here on Lyrica?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, Any thoughts or personal experience on Lyrica please.

Was prescribed this one and VERY reluctant to give it a try.

Many thanks in advance.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ama

hadnt heard of this one ,so looked it up, and it seems it's sometimes used  for fibromyalgia ? Do you have fibromyalgia? You might be more likely to find others who ve used it on the fibro part of the site. It doesn't appear to be an RA med.

• Posted

Thanks Rowbirdie,

Indeed it's not an RA med. I wanted an opinion of RA patients with fibro or chronical pain syndrome, not general fibro patients. Yes, I have fibro - in general I do not consider this diagnosis as anything meaningful as there is essentially no treatment for that anyway (as well as for RA when you come to think of that). But the pain gets worse (unbelievably it's still possible), so investigating about possible ways of treatment as currently I am off any med for RA too (Humira does have some long term side effects after all and Etopan over 5 months is way too long...). Remembered that there are few people here that said that they have fibro. Wanted their opinion on efficiency - don't really believe in meds anymore but def believe in side effects of these :-(

Thanks again - maybe someone here will know something about this med after all.

• Posted

Thanks AMA for explanation- hope you get someone who s tried this out.

• Posted

Yes that's one of drugs I am on.that's the trade name.others probably know it as pregabalin. It's very strong good for nerve pain.I was originally prescribed it for wrong diagnosis of nerve pain in shoulder but am still on it and am very high dose of 450mg day.I gave RA,Fibromyalgia and APS.My sister was diagnosed it for hip replacement pain n couldn't bear it as it can make you spaced out.It did me but think my body has got used to the high dose.

It's prescribed for all sorts of conditions

• Posted

Just reading up on it it's used for neuropathic pain.used for tedons n muscles

Just thought I would add that

• Posted

Thanks Frances, How long did it take for you to adopt to Lyrica? The immediate side effect should be tiredness but I read that too many people have problems with speech and memory, leaving aside suicidal thoughts. Very reluctant to try this one – currently trying to cut off food and the usual RA balancing techniques but not sure that it will work for much longer ;-( Happy to hear that it works for you, although not sure if by saying that your body got used to it you mean that it stopped working or that you have no side effects... 
  • Posted

I take Neurontin, very similar, but I have neuopathic pain in my feet, so it's for that. Sometimes this stuff is given for pain, also Effexor or Cymbalta, both antidepressants that work well for pain-- or so I've heard. They did nothing for me. I need Tramadol for regular pain.
    • Posted

Thanks Barbara, Lyrica is used for Epilepsy while Cymbalta is used for depression care, but in lower dosage both are used for chronical pain... Sorry that Cymbalta did nothing for you - it is considered stronger than Lyrica. I am just really scared to try either ;-(

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.