Anyone here take Prozac before Zoloft, and did it work better for ocd?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’ve ben on Prozac for almost 11 weeks and it is only making my anxiety and ocd worse. I read a lot of people with anxiety disorders have a hard time with Prozac being activating, so Inwas wondering if anyone has any success stories switching from Prozac to Zoloft.

Thank you, I  really struggling and am only 27 so I feel lost and hopeless. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Don’t feel lost and hopeless there are a lot of options out there I would personally recommend Zoloft for  compulsive disorder. I was on Celexa for 12 years and it’s not up to working in so I switch but also there are many options out there never give up
  • Posted

Hey Autumnn! I was actually the opposite!!! I took Zoloft and it did not work for me. It made me depressed and down. I actually first took celexa and it made my anxiety unbearable and I couldn't sleep more than an hour at a time. My doctor finally switched me to Prozac and I was super upset because this was my 3rd medication to try, however it was the best one for me!! I have GAD, Panic disorder, and obsessive thoughts (OCPD). Don't lose hope!! Everyone's brain chemistry is different and sometimes medicine takes trial and error. My counselor showed me scientifically why it takes so much trial and error to find the right medication, and trust me, there's many variables! Hang in there, and trust in the professionals!! It may not happen right away, but there's so many solutions to try. 

Sending support!!

Allie

• Posted

HI 12 weeks anxiety worse plus broken record thoughts on and on in head only on 10mg as well, tired to updose to 15mg sweats rotten, gone down to 5mg waiting for a psychiatrist, was going to ask if I could go on zoloft, not sure anymore, I have social anxiety and menopausel, but must carry on, take care
  • Posted

Yup! Bern on Prozac for 17 weeks and it has done nothing for my anxiety. Switched to Sertraline yesterday (and actually took Sertraline from I was 22 to 40 but weaned off... not a good idea!). 

I’m starting on only 12.5 mg as I get severe side effects. I took my first pill yesterday and my anxiety is through the roof and I’m shaking but I will preserve and so should you ;-) 

• Posted

Hi i know exactly how you feel and you are not alone even if you think you are, i have had a life that you read about in books, and i thought i would never get through the things that happened to me, i led a very busy life so i pushed everything to the back of mind and and lived life to the fullest , till i got migraines and had to give up my perfect job, then i got ibs and then i got an eating disorders, and on top of that an illness that nearly killed me but i had treatment and i am here today, but i was a real bubbly person and loved being around people, but losing my job, and everything else took its toll on me , i also moved from busy city to countryside thinking starting a fresh wood be good for me, but i was wrong the peace and quiet was lovely at first but then the being on my own and time to think really made me ill, i thought i was going mad, i went to doctors and he diadnose me with severe depression anxiety and a whole lot more, i could not believe it, i was always so strong and life and soul of the party, but once i knew what was wrong i knew i had to deal with it, but its hard i am not saying it is going to be easy, but with the right people and medicine it will help , also alternative medicine is great, talking therapy, counselling , talking to best friend you trust, this forum is great but everyone is different their problems and illnesses and the drugs are different for each individual, you have to find what is best for you, take care ,good luck
    • Posted

Hi yes i am sertraline , only just been given it 6 weeks ago , i was on something else did not agree, then the doctor put me on this, 50mg to start with, then up it to 100mg, it really effected me badly so i have gone back down to 50mg , i am still not sure of these drugs but i do take other things, alternative medicine and they are great

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.