Anyone in their twenties and thinking they have fibro...?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone,

Anyone in their twenties and with fibro symptoms?

I am scared that this symptoms will never go away and it will get worse in time that i wont be able to work as i just started my working career as i finished uni last year.....

I started getting these symptoms last year in aug after i have been immensely stressed. I get muscle pain and twitches everywhere but the twitching got better but muscle pain is still there and very hard to go to work when i have to stand up for 8 hr shift...

I really do not know what to try so i can get rid of this pain.....😒

Thank yousmile

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bibi

My pains started when I was 23yrs old but it was only diagnosed as Fibro Aug 2014.

It all depends on what kind of work you do ?

Try not to stress over it but everything is trial and error. I don't take meds now but do believe it is also related to the diet we eat.

I work part-time in an office and have had two children whilst suffering with pains. It all depends on how much pain one can tolerate.

Gentle Hugs

• Posted

Forgot to mention that I've been suffering for over 20 years with pains.
    • Posted

I work at the airport so its busy all the time. Did the pain get worse with age?
    • Posted

Definitely long hours if working at the airport. My husband works at the airport too and works 12hr shifts. It's not easy. Funnily enough the two times I was pain free was during my two pregnancies which were seven years apart. Pains come and go.....some days are better than others, but over 20 years one has learnt to live with the pains and manage it as best as one could. Now that I am 45 years of age.....finding time for myself is more doable as kids are older. It's just training yourself not to over do things all in one day. I'm still trying to learn this task in my life but getting there slowly. One day at a time.

Hope you have a good day today wink

• Posted

Hi , I am 21 and have been diagnosed with fibro. I am in my last year of Uni and am finding it hard to study with the pain and tiredness but take ametriptaline to help and sertraline for my headache and anxiety. Ask your GP to refer you to a rhumatologist, I did this after spending about a year going back and forth and having all sorts of tests that kept coming back normal. The rhumatologist was able to diagnose me straight away and put me on medication to help the symptoms and it also put my mind at ease immensly because I thought i was dying or had some terrible life threatening disease. Also try not to worry as it can make things worse ! easier said than done, i know smile
    • Posted

Thanks for your answer. How would you describe the pain? Is it really bad or just annoying? Also do you get muscle twitches and vibrations?

I finished uni last year thank God otherwise it would ve been hard.

My whole back and neck and hips hurt the most. Plus i have a problem with my period as it is not coming every month and i dont know if its fibro thats causing it.

☺️

• Posted

My pain is more annoying than unbearable but my back and neck do particularly hurt. My legs twitch all of the time and I am quite shakey. I don't have period problems apart from really bad cramps. Hope this helps x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.