anyone just live with it?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 46 and have suffered from the symptoms of anal fissures since my late 30's so about 8 years!!!! it only really happened once or twice a year then healed straight away. Then last year in March I had a big BM and had quite a lot of blood on the TP and bowl, this has carried on for about 10 months now, the symptoms are very intermittent and i can go weeks without anything then can almost feel myself tearing on a big BM.

I finally went to the doctor in November and had a rectal exam and bloods done, she could see a visible tear and suggested anusol when it flares up.

I continue to have flare ups which last a few days and can feel myself tear. I can actually see the tear and it just looks like a big cut, its sometimes painful sometime not so bad, bleeding ranges from tiny amounts (specks) to a few drops, always bright red and 99% of time on TP. The real issue for me comes with the burning and itchy feeling after a BM which might last hours or days making it uncomfortable to sit or drive etc..

I have tried the creams, coconut oil and all that, i don't stick to a AF diet but am fit i,.e not overweight'

I don't want surgery as it sounds horrendous so my question is has anyone just decided to put up with it in the hope one day the tears will heal themselves   .                 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Mine healed Andrew. I was told by colo rectal surgeon to take Laxido every single day, either one or two sachets. I take one. It was very bad before, and used to split every day more or less. Lots of bleeding, and like you the pain went on for hours afterwards and was really severe. For ten months now I’ve had no problems.

Its not a stimulant laxative, just draws water into your bowel and makes it easier to pass a bm.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. Constipation isn't an issue for me. I am quite regular, reading a bit about laxido it seems to say it adresses constipation? Did you take it as constipation was causing your fissure?

• Posted

No, I wasnt constipated, far from it, ate a lot of fibre aand was very regular, often two or three times daily. Laxido changes the consistency so you never get big bm's that split the fissure open again.

• Posted

How long did you use it for? its says no more than 14 days... do you still use it? sorry for so many questions!

• Posted

I take it every day, the colo rectal surgeon said it was fine to take for life if needed. As its not a stimulant or a laxative as such, it doesn't do your body any harm. I get it on orescription, its cheaper that way. 

• Posted

I think it says no more than 14 days so youll see your gp just in case theres anything else wrong. Id already seen mine and more!
  • Posted

I had two. The last one was 2003. I take 2 magnesium tablets before bed every night and I don't get constipated anymore. Also, eating 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin or pumpkin pie filling will soften the stools. People even give it to dogs if they get constipated. Wish I had known this when I had that fissure!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.