anyone know about minimally invasive bunion surgery?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I googled this. It looks new. There are some doctors sort of near me that do it. It sounds too good to be true in the videos. I am betting there are limits to what they can do this way and who is eligible. Does anyone know about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlHxbRICXxg

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i am 25years old and i spoke to my surgeon about minimally invasive surgery and she told me my bunions were too severe to do this type of surgery and also said where my bunion started had a lot to do with the type of surgery i got and the recovery. ive had both my feet done and i am an avid soccer player, hiker and rock climber and i have great ROM now with no pain. so it really just depends on the severity and what your doctor says.

• Posted

My feet were probably worse than yours and I had them done with the minimally invasive technique. But it also depends on what technique the surgeon is comfortable is.

• Posted

I had both feet done 10 weeks ago with the minimally invasive technique. I'm happy with the results. I'm not sure what you'd like to know about it. I was weight bearing right after surgery. I only had pain for a few hours on day2, it's been mainly discomfort. I had 4 small incisions on both feet. I'm happy to answer your questions.

• Posted

I also have been googling like crazy for a good foot and ankle surgeon in Melbourne who does minimally invasive bunion surgery and haven't come up with one with really good reviews. Being a real scaredy cat I just want to be absolutely confident that the surgeon doing this is super experienced and kind. Can any one please help me out too?

• Posted

I'm in England but have heard of Peter Lam from a successful surgeon here who trained with him.

• Posted

hello martha85, thanks ever so for replying. Peter Lam in Sydney I hear is good. I'm still googling hoping to find one closer to me in Melbourne with good reviews. maybe I should just see one anyway and take it from there. I guess I'm just really nervous about everything on foot surgery thats making this process difficult. Desperately need some comments of glowing recovery to shift my mental block about this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.