Anyone know herbal supplements that are good for stress?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone know any good herbal supplements or natural ways to deal with stress and anxitey? i really dont want to go back on anti depressants! i have tryed a few diffrent things like rescue remedy and vitamin b complex. but just wondered if anyone on here knows of something better to try? i used to drink alot to deal with my problems but now i am a mum i want to change so i have stopped drinking but i feel i need something else to replace the drink now sad ! someone please help, been asking friends/family docs for help the last year and no one seems to care just get told to get on with it .

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Niacin, Omega 3, Magnesium and St Johns Wort spring to mind. Good luck ive been off the booze for 10 weeks. N
    • Posted

Thank you will give them a try. That's good! I have been of the booze a year now it's hard but it gets easier just wish I could stop stressing so much 
  • Posted

That's good that you stopped drinking! You should be proud of yourself! I've tried Rhodiola and Valerian Root. If the anxiety isn't too bad, they help calm me down. Other than that, I try to read a lot of positive books, inspirational quotes, which makes it easier for me to deal with my irrational thoughts when they attack me. The best of luck xx
    • Posted

Thank you. Did you take them every day or just when you needed them? 
    • Posted

Mostly just when I need them, even though sometimes I take them when I feel there's a chance I might get anxious (like during my pms). It's easier to calm down when they anxiety / stress is still small. Hope you find something that works for you xx
  • Posted

Resuce remedies are great love them help loads I have the whole range even the cream lol
    • Posted

I was taken the drops now trying the spray which one do you find best out of all of them?
    • Posted

I was taking the day time drop about every hour or 2nas I found they helped after a few days of taking them more often.  Son just had 4 drop every few hours even wen I felt find....  I sucked on the sweets  used the hand cream.  The drop deffo work I perfer the spray I fink that works better than drop I dint no why lol.....  But deffo take they even wen ur find because I was really bad and th ey helped me alot.   
  • Posted

L-Theanine works similar to a benzodiapine. Very safe and non addicting.

5HTP - increases serotonin levels and is supposed to work like an anti depressant w/o the side effects. 

• Posted

Have you tried both of them? What one do you like better? 
    • Posted

Yes, I have tried both of them.  I started them right at the beginning of my anxiety and depression but it was too intense at the time for them to have much of an effect.  I have since started taking Citalopram, which seems to have done the trick. I also have some Xanax for when I feel the anxiety creeping in.

That being said I still take L-Theanine in the morning with my coffee and at night before bed.  If you do some research I beleive there is an interaction with caffeine that allows you to focus better. I can't take the 5HTP with the SSRI but plan on using it to help with the withdrawal when that day comes. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.