ANYONE know what these Bites are (PICS INCLUDED) - chigger? bed bugs? scabies?

Posted , 2 users are following.

imageimageimageimage

For 1-2 months i have had bites appearing on my body most often when i wake up, the bites are mainly on my hands, arms and knees with the occasional bite on my waist, hip and calves. These bites are really itchy and appear almost like little whiteheads or pimples, i have tried popping a few thinking they were just hormonal spots on my arm for example and a clear liquid comes out almost like a bug bite

For context, during the summer i went traveling around Croatia for a month sleeping in hostels the entire way, since coming home i began to notice little red pimple like bites on my body and thought it may have been bed bugs i had picked up from the bedding at these hostels and had transferred onto my clothes - i boiled my bedsheets, bin bagged/washed all my clothing, aired out the room and moved to a different room in my house. I noticed once i moved that the bites started to disappear so i believed the issue was fixed (must note i was also doing sunbeds at the time to keep my tan from my travels, so this may have helped on making the bites disappear)

HOWEVER, at the beginning of September, i slept over at someone's house after a night out, slept with and shared a bed with them - i noticed in their bathroom that there was many creams for something called Scabies, not knowing what this was the next day i googled and found out that it is little skin mites, a few weeks went by and i began to get little bites on my skin again - whiteheads appearing on the areas i mentioned above, these are incredibly itchy especially at night time and for a week or so i almost could feel things crawling all over my skin when i was lying in bed, it was horrific! One morning i woke up to (what i believed) to have been bites all over my face (in hindsight it may have just been hormonal acne) so i went to my local pharmacist and explained the situation of traveling and the creams i found. She stated that i was probably scabies and gave me Permethrin 5% cream to put all over my body for 12 hours once a week for two weeks, i then deep cleaned my room, boiled the bedding, aired my clothes, bought permethrin room spray and sprayed my mattress and left it for 2-3 days to sink in

From the cream the intense feeling of crawling on my skin has gone but i am still getting little bites on my hands and legs, i did the second round of the cream last night and when i washed it off have noticed another bites on my hand, calf and stomach.

I am confused as to whether it is scabies or is bed bugs, chigger bugs or something ive picked up traveling and it is persisting

I have just moved home for a while and my GP surgery takes 3 weeks to register and i dont think i can wait that long to find out what these are, its driving me mad

ANY info would help!!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Change the mattress cover to see the results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.