Anyone like me??? A puzzle!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started out with right sided rib area pain. My amylase, lipase, IgG4 and Ca19-9 are mildly elevated. Nothing is showing up on any of my 9 scans or tests. Could this be my gallbladder?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It could indeed affect your pancreas hence the amylase lipase up.

Scans normal there ?

HIDA scan percentage??

• Posted

I am really not sure.

I had same symptoms as you but it did show gallstones on the scan so I had my gallbladder removed a few years ago.

Is there any chance it could be kidney stones and not gallstones?

I have had both and symptoms were quite similar.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Did your symptoms improve once your gallbladder was out?

• Posted

Hi Sarah. Just to completely understand I have a question. Did you have the same problem with the bloodwork.... lipase, IGg4 fand CA 19-9 or only right sided pain?

THANKS!!

• Posted

It was quite a while ago so trying to remember. I don't think I had any problem with the bloods just the right sided pain.

Sarah

• Posted

HI

Could be gallbladder related. remember gallbladder/liver/ pancreas/ stomach all closely related. Maybe sludge (minute stones)? Hard to pick up on scans. Have you other symptoms? Have you tried eating a low fat diet to see if that helps?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.