Anyone losing weight? I live in yoga pants.

Posted , 15 users are following.

I started the broken sleep at 44, the hot flashes at 48, the weight gain at 50, the stiff body parts at 51 and the heart palpitations at 52. My last period was October 2015.

It's now been 8 years of feeling like a totally different person. I don't even like me anymore. I have no sex drive, and I only do it to keep the marriage going. It's sad, but it's life.

I started using a little over the counter progesterone cream that has helped me get to sleep quicker when I wake up throughout the night, and the cream has helped the palpitations disappear.

Cutting sugar out of my diet helped with the hot flashes, but it's the weight gain that bothers me the most. In the past year, the scale skyrocketed up 22 pounds (almost 10 kgs). It's mostly in my tummy area. I'm trying everything from eating healthy and exercising, watching calories, not eating too late, getting enough sleep, etc.

I've always taken care of my body so eating healthy has been easy. I'm 6 feet tall, and I feel like a huge horse at this weight. I cry easily, and this makes me even feel worse about myself.

I boxed up all my clothes, and I'm going to give them away if I can't lose this weight. Currently I live in yoga pants. My husband just doesn't get it and never will.

Sorry to sound like a sad sack, but this has been so hard to deal with. I probably sound crazy to say this, but I liked getting my period. It never caused any problems. My mom breezed through menopause so I was surprised by all the changes. I never realized until now how hormones control everything.

How is your weight? Did you gain a lot too? Has anyone out there had any luck with weight loss? I'd love to hear your stories.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear cynthia

I have always been about a size 12/14 fluctuating between the two over the years and since menopause I have noticed my belly has this extra fat now, my arms and legs are atill the same but my stomach is definitely larger, also I have gained weight on my hips. I swim three days a week but It doesnt seem to shift this belly fat, i'm still working on that! I find that I cant really eat like I did otherwise I will gain more weight, I only eat potatoes at weekends and limit bread x

• Posted

Lord you describe me to a t I had to look at the name to make sure I didn't type this it's crazy seems like on a daily someone text something and it's totally about me I pray we all get through this horrible thing we call menopause

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.