Anyone on 40mg?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on 30mg for 3 months. 2 months in I found it really working, now I'm feeling anxious again. I know I need to go up to 40 mg as the doctor recommends, that just seems like a lot. Is anyone else on 40?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jen,

I'm on 40mg. I was like you a few years ago; worked fine but then started bad again and went up to 40. I was absolutely fine at this dose for 3 years.

Having come off my medication before Christmas, my anxiety returned and I was put on 20mg 5 half weeks ago. I knew after 4 weeks it wasn't enough for me and my doctor increased me to 40 again.

I'm starting to feel a lot better and I know this is the right dose for me.

Don't be worried about dosage. Your body just might need a bit more medication than others and this has never worried me. I just want to feel better.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

A x

• Posted

Thanks for your assuring reply! Are you a thin woman?
    • Posted

Hi Jen

Yes I am?

Are you worried about weight gain?

If so, last time I was on these for over the 3 years I prob added an extra 10lb but it was only when someone asked me if they made me gain weight I thought it may be the meds.

Tbh, looking back I ate more, I'm older than I was and didn't work out as much so who's to say.

Just concentrate on your mental wellbeing and you can focus on the rest when you are well.

Good luck x

• Posted

Not too worried about weight gain as I didn't gain on 30mg. More so worried that 40 will effect us more cuz we're small... But maybe meds don't go like that. Not like alcohol haha
    • Posted

I think you will be fine Jen.

I'm a size 8, 9 stone and 5ft 5.

Maybe our heads are just more messed up lol.

A x

• Posted

I'm sure the doctor has his reasons for recommending 40mg but it does seem rather a lot. Is this going to split between morning and evening? If so it gives your body time to adjust to the increased dosage. Why does your doctor think this is necessaary?
  • Posted

Morning Jen,

Thanks for bringing the subject up as I am on 30mg and see the Doc again in a month. The rise to 30mg was up to me and I think that in a months time I may be ready for 40mg, but I have had reservations. Looking at the answers here, I guess it can't do any harm if I find the right dose by trying.

I am feeling better, I did have a blip and a slump yesterday, but managed (with some extra help) to get out of it.

The side effects of cita (which gradually fade each increase) are nothing compared to the good it is doing to me.

thanks again!

Best Regards,

David x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.